DAW Full Assign and VS-100 plug-in control

Author
singing_dutchman
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2011/01/16 11:16:50 (permalink)

DAW Full Assign and VS-100 plug-in control

Hello everyone,

I have a question about using the VS-100 'DAW Full Assign Mode'  and then how to control the assignment of knobs and buttons on plug-ins with ACT.

When I switch on DAW Full Assign Mode in the VS-100 menu, start a new project in Sonar VS and add the Cakewalk SI Drum Kit as an instrument track I can see under the menu Options - VS-100  how the knobs and buttons at the left side of the VS-100 are assigned to the controls of the SI Drum Kit interface. This works very nice, however, not all drum parts are assigned. e.g. the Bass-Drum at the far left in the SI Drum Kit Interface is by default not assigned to a knob on the VS-100. Now is there a way I can assign this myself by preference?

Thanks in advance for your reply and greetings,

Singing Dutchman

4 Replies Related Threads

singing_dutchman
    Re:DAW Full Assign and VS-100 plug-in control 2011/01/16 15:03:51 (permalink)
    Hi everyone,

In the meantime I found out how to assign VS-100 knobs to VST Instrument controls and save personal settings.
    Though once I assigned a cell on the VS-100 property page (under menu-option Options - VS-100) I can delete the personal settings though the added cell assignments are still there.
    Additionally, the manual tells about editable cell labels but I cant change the text of a label at an assigned cell. Does anyone have any experience of how to restore settings back to default after creating personal assignment settings to cells on the VS-100 property page? At the right of the [Act Learning] button is a Reset & Cancel button but that doesnt delete the cell changes either. I guess these settings are kept somewhere in an .ini file?

greetings,

Singing Dutchman
    PF Twanger
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 143
    Re:DAW Full Assign and VS-100 plug-in control 2011/01/18 23:23:04 (permalink)
    Hi Dutchman:

I haven't had much luck with customizing ACT settings, either.  I'm posting this reply mostly so I can bump your question (I'd like to see an informed answer, too!) and welcome you to the forum.

Let's see what happens...
    lampoonland
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 56
    Re:DAW Full Assign and VS-100 plug-in control 2011/01/19 04:24:09 (permalink)
    I still haven't been able to assign a rotary dial using ACT to control Jamstix parameters.
    VS sets the EQ button as the default to change the parameter in Jamstix and no matter what I do, I can't reassign a rotary knob on the VS-100 to control Jamstix.
    Most frustrating
    singing_dutchman
    Re:DAW Full Assign and VS-100 plug-in control 2011/01/23 15:08:17 (permalink)
    Hello PF Twanger, thanks for the welcome,  and also hello to Lampoonland,

Now I just found something interresting on the SONAR V-Studio 100 DVD containing the Production Pack and the Sonar VS install.

On this DVD you will find a folder named 'SONAR ACT XML FILES' and within that folder a file named 'VS100ACT.XML'
    You can open this file with Notepad or any other text editor (or XML-Editor) to see whats inside, its editable text.
    There are also brief text instructions in the same folder like 'ACTXML_Readme_EN.txt' explaining in english how to Copy V-STUDIO 100 ACT mappings to SONAR :

1. Open 'My Computer' or 'Computer' from the start menu or desktop.
     2. Locate the V-STUDIO 100 DVD, right-click on it and select 'Explore'.
     3. Locate the 'SONAR ACT XML FILES' folder and double click it to open it.
     4. Locate the file named: 'VS100ACT.xml'
     5. Right-click on the VS100ACT.xml file and choose 'Copy'.
     6. Open the Run Prompt, hold down the Windows key (located between CTRL and ALT) and press R.
     7. Type the following into the run prompt: %appdata%\Cakewalk\ACT Data
     8. Click OK.
     9. Right click inside the ACT Data folder that opens and choose 'Paste'.

Lampoonland, maybe this is also a way to add parameters to other controls like the Jamstix control you mentioned?
    Though the parameters in the .xml file are preceded by a hexadecimal code (registry key?) representing the particulair plug-in?

I havent tested this myself yet but just wanted to let you know this in case you didnt notice this feature yet.

Greetings,

Singing_Dutchman
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1