DRUMS needed.. anyone care for a collab?

Author
Frank Haas
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2490
2009/03/25 10:31:22 (permalink)

DRUMS needed.. anyone care for a collab?

Hi,
any drummers around here ?
I need some drums on THIS track..
(I'll have the bass edited/replaced later today/tomorrow)
I can provide you with all the playback-files you need..
I would like to have some really (hard)"rock"-drums in the verse(s) (toms/cymbals/.. and such stuff)

hope someone can help me out on this one..
thx

Frank

email: SLG (at) headarrangement DOt Com
post edited by Frank Haas - 2009/03/25 10:40:12

7 Replies Related Threads

Dmax
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 64
    RE: DRUMS needed.. anyone care for a collab? 2009/03/25 16:17:18 (permalink)
    Hi Frank: Cool tune. I'd be willing to take a crack at tracking some drums for you. I can provide you with eight channels of drum audio. (2 overheads, snare, kick, 3 toms, hi-hat). I play a Pearl Masters Custom kit. Here's my drumming Web site: www.drumcast.tv. My setup's at www.drumcast.tv/my_drums.

I have an FTP. I can upload the raw WAV files to it, and you can download them and apply any effects you want.
    post edited by Dmax - 2009/03/25 16:34:57
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: DRUMS needed.. anyone care for a collab? 2009/03/25 22:56:20 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Dmax

Hi Frank: Cool tune. I'd be willing to take a crack at tracking some drums for you. I can provide you with eight channels of drum audio. (2 overheads, snare, kick, 3 toms, hi-hat). I play a Pearl Masters Custom kit. Here's my drumming Web site: www.drumcast.tv. My setup's at www.drumcast.tv/my_drums.

I have an FTP. I can upload the raw WAV files to it, and you can download them and apply any effects you want.

This may seem like a stupid question, but I am not a drummer so I hope I can be forgiven.

What is the second peddle on the hi-hat for?

(sorry to hijack your thread Frank).

Cheers
    Shad

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Dmax
    RE: DRUMS needed.. anyone care for a collab? 2009/03/26 06:05:29 (permalink)
    This may seem like a stupid question, but I am not a drummer so I hope I can be forgiven.

What is the second peddle on the hi-hat for?

(sorry to hijack your thread Frank).

Cheers
    Shad

It's a double hi-hat pedal, so I can play 16th notes and 32nd notes on the hi-hat with my feet. Just kidding. It's the auxiliary pedal for my DW double kick drum pedal. Most people put it to the right of the hi-hat pedal, but I put my to the left, since I like to have my hi-hat closer to the snare drum. Remember, there are no stupid questions, just goofy answers.
    post edited by Dmax - 2009/03/26 06:06:41
    evadianepug
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4477
    RE: DRUMS needed.. anyone care for a collab? 2009/03/27 14:40:28 (permalink)
    Oh, man, Darren!! Someone stole the top of your guitar!!

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
    THE PUGTONES
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
    SonarX3
    Dmax
    RE: DRUMS needed.. anyone care for a collab? 2009/03/27 15:01:28 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: evadianepug

Oh, man, Darren!! Someone stole the top of your guitar!!

Oh snap. I hope I don't ever have to tune it again.
    evadianepug
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4477
    RE: DRUMS needed.. anyone care for a collab? 2009/03/27 15:02:17 (permalink)

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
    THE PUGTONES
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
    SonarX3
    Frank Haas
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2490
    RE: DRUMS needed.. anyone care for a collab? 2009/03/28 08:36:01 (permalink)
    I regret being rarely in the song-forum.. the last couple of days I've met some really really great and helpful guys.. just to mention two of them:
    @Guitarhacker, thank you ! (I didn't make it to commercial songwriting yet.. but the next songs will certainly improve by pointing me in the right direction!)
    @Dmax, you are "the man" !!! It's been a pleasure to work with you.. a real "pro".. I rarely have the opportunity to run accross people like you and it's just giving me more insight to my music and to concentrate even more on i.e. "timings"..
    Darren provided me with some really decent raw drum-tracks,.. they only needed a little sound-tweaking which still makes me wonder why that is the case.. in the past I even started to replace real-drum sounds with samples 'cause I couldn't get them to sound right.. and then this guy enters the stage and..bam! unbelievable !!
    I hope we can do another collab in the future Darren.. (I'm not worthy, I know )

@all.
    I am still working on that particular song, I know you are all a bit picky just about everything..lol.. so just give me some more time.. I'm still waiting for the vocals, bass and guitars will also be redone..
    I'll keep you all up to date.. I am convinced that it will be another great song..

Thanks so much!

Frank
    post edited by Frank Haas - 2009/03/28 08:38:05
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1