DS 2416 will not work in XP environment.

Author
jreighley
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2004/02/03 08:30:03 (permalink)

DS 2416 will not work in XP environment.

A new ASUS P4 mother board and XP. The drivers for DSP factory will not load. I get an error message that the DS 2416 in not using any resources because it has a problem. I have moved it to several slots with zero success. Are any of you folks using the Yamaha DS 2416 in XP? What drivers did you choose?

8 Replies Related Threads

Harvey Cedars
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1225
    RE: DS 2416 will not work in XP environment. 2004/02/04 10:30:15 (permalink)
    Go here'
    http://www.xgfactory.com/html/comp/drivers/driv_f.htm

Download these drivers
    SWWDMAS2.ZIP

In the SW1000XG driver package, there is a driver for the DS4216, this is the latest one.

Unzip the drivers to a folder you name, then install the drivers from the device manager, not the install program. You may have to fool around with it a bit. I forget the exact steps, but you have to navigate through the add hardware applet till you find what you need. You have to navigate to "sound games and audio controllers" and find Yamaha or DS2416 after that.

See instructions below, if this does not work use the 1.1.1 drivers (or latest)from Yamaha Japan site, and follow the same instructions on that. Last time I Installed my DS2416 (long ago sold) I had to install the drivers several times before it worked.
    < Message edited by Harvey Cedars -- 2/4/2004 10:37:04 AM >
    Harvey Cedars
    RE: DS 2416 will not work in XP environment. 2004/02/04 10:33:20 (permalink)
    Driver installation
    To install or update drivers, "Administrator" authorization is necessary.
    Logon your computer as Administrator or user who has Administrator authorization.

I) Driver installation
    1. Select [Start] menu, [Settings], then [Control Panel].
    2. Open [System] in the Control Panel.
    3. Select the [Device Manager] tab.
    4. Click the [+] mark next to [Sound, video, and game controllers].
    5. Select [Yamaha SW1000XG WDM Driver] and click the [Property] button.
    6. Select [Update Driver] to open [Update Driver Wizard].
    7. Find recommended driver for automatic detection,
    then click the [Next] button.
    8. Select [Select location] and then click the [Next] button.
    9. Select where driver files for SW1000XG is located.
    9. Click the [Next] button.
    10. The [Could not find digital signature] dialog appears.
    Click the [YES] button.
    11. Click the [Finish] button.
    12. Now the driver has been updated.

Driver Uninstallation
    1. Select [Start] menu, [Settings], then [Control Panel].
    2. Open [Multimedia] in the Control Panel.
    3. Select the [Device] tab.
    4. Select the [YAMAHA DS2416, SW1000 Driver]
    5. Click the [Remove] button and click [OK] button when confirmation
    dialog appears.
    6. Restart the computer.

The driver version can be confirmed as follows.
    1. Double click [System] in the Control Panel.
    2. Select [Device Manager].
    3. Select [Sound, video, and game controllers].
    4. Double-click [Yamaha SW1000XG WDM Driver], or select it and
    click [Property].
    5. Select [Driver].
    Double-click [Property] and the installed version can be confirmed.

ASIO Setup

Regarding ASIO under Windows 2000.

The Yamaha ASIO driver for Windows 2000 is a 32bit driver. This represents the number of bits of audio data transmitted between the driver and an application program. It is recommended that you use this driver only in applications that use the same number of bits. Under Windows 2000 professional audio applications all support 24 and 32 bit recording depth. For 24-bit recording, the 32bit driver is fine.

Installation.

Please only install the ASIO driver if you are using software which supports the ASIO protocol, and only after correctly installing the Yamaha WDM Windows 2000 driver.

1. Click the [Asio Setup.exe] and follow the guide.
    2. Launch your audio software which supports ASIO,
    3. The Yamaha ASIO driver should appear in the ASIO device menu.

(4) Support Notes

This is a combined driver set which includes a low latency WDM driver for Windows 2000 and a 32bit ASIO driver, also for Windows 2000 ASIO supporting applications.. The WDM driver adds full functionality and support for the SW1000XG under Windows 2000. This driver fixes the MIDI in problem found in earlier beta drivers under Windows 2000. It fully supports ACPI MULTIPROC mode (multiprocessor support), low latency KS Mixer streaming (as found in Cakewalk SONAR), and all of the benefits that Sonar brings with KMIXER bypass. Latency for playback of Dxi (Cakewalk Music Software Direct X Musical Instruments) under SONAR is reported by Sonar as being sub 20ms.

Also included in this driver update are low latency ASIO 2.0 drivers for Windows 2000. These drivers are intended to support ASIO 2.0 based applications under Windows 2000 such as Steinberg Cubase VST (V5.0R2 or higher recommended), Steinberg Nuendo, and various other software synths and applications that have full Windows 2000 support for ASIO. The ASIO driver is 32bit mode only. ASIO is Steinberg music software's low latency Audio Streaming Input Output system. This driver under ASIO supports multiple devices (SW & DS2416 at the same time) with no device limitation caused by WDM (WDM will restrict the number of audio device ports seen to 10 maximum). Under ASIO and KS Mixer bypass applications (such as SONAR) this device limit (which is an inherent problem in Windows 2000) is bypassed. Please consult your software manual to see if your software supports KS MIXER mode (KMIXER bypass). Please consult your Windows 2000 user manual for any additional details on driver installation and update along with this read me file. Please also refer to your ASIO compatible software application manual for details on ASIO installation and support in Windows 2000. The ASIO driver supports adjustable buffer sizes, if you find that the driver is causing problems at the lowest latency setting, please adjust the buffer size accordingly to remedy this.

(5) Notes
    This driver supports ASIO2.0 under Windows 2000. Some functions associated with ASIO 2.0 are not supported under this driver due to limitations of the Yamaha SW1000XG and DS2416 hardware. These are
    Accurate positioning in sample steps, audio transfer, and Continuous Re-syncing (resolving)
    -Direct monitor

*Notes for Installing
    The new ASIO driver should be added after installing the WDM driver to the latest version which is included in this download file and rebooting.

2. "SW Synth" in the taskbar audio mixer indicates DirectMusic Software Synthesizer and is not MIDI device of SW1000XG.

BIG FIX: This driver corrects a problem with the earlier version sometimes dropping to a Blue Screen of Death under WIndows 2000.
    jreighley
    RE: DS 2416 will not work in XP environment. 2004/02/09 20:38:35 (permalink)
    Harvey,

Thank you very much for the help!

That driver seems to have loaded, however, I can't get Sonar 1.1 to function so I don't know for sure. I am guessing that since you sold your 2416 a while ago, you didn't have to use it through XP.

J Reighley
    Tucson AZ
    Harvey Cedars
    RE: DS 2416 will not work in XP environment. 2004/02/10 08:02:04 (permalink)
    I used the DSPF in XP Pro when it first came out, I got it working with Sonar 1.1 OK.

Keep trying, there is just a setting somewhere that is not working. Or you have Direct X 9 on or something. Make sure you have the correct direct X on your OS drive, I do not know which one it is, but you can usually find help for Sonar problems at the Cake site.
    Harvey Cedars
    RE: DS 2416 will not work in XP environment. 2004/02/10 08:03:22 (permalink)
    also do not forget to uninstall any old drivers for other soundcards (if any) from your system
    Zen_man
    RE: DS 2416 will not work in XP environment. 2005/06/08 21:06:49 (permalink)
    also do not forget to uninstall any old drivers for other soundcards (if any) from your system

Does this mean that the SW1000XG and DS2416 do not work while other sound cards are in the system??

I'm having trouble getting a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 (suroundsound) card to work now that I've installed SW1000XG (which works fine). The SB worked before I installed the SW1000XG.
    HammerHead
    Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1403
    RE: DS 2416 will not work in XP environment. 2005/06/09 13:09:41 (permalink)
    the ds2416 is very mobo/chipset sensitive.

i couldnt get mine to work with an nvidea2 chipset

of course ymmv
    bso
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 351
    RE: DS 2416 will not work in XP environment. 2005/06/11 01:05:31 (permalink)
    You can try here for a link to the latest drivers as well. http://www.xpi-software.net/ I use a dual ds2416 set-up with Xp home. I have an E-machines celeron piece O whatever and . I think it uses a buffalo chip set and my system is rock solid. I'm using Sonar 2.2XL. I'm not sure about the chipset incompadibility problem.
    P.S.
    Thank you Harvey for the great install instruction post
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1