DSF HD strings installer will not install the multisamples to the correct hard drive

Author
lightninrick
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 972
2012/09/17 11:49:02 (permalink)

DSF HD strings installer will not install the multisamples to the correct hard drive

I am trying to install the DSF HD strings that came with my upgrade to X2.  Unfortunately, the installer will NOT allow me to specify the external HD where I have all my DP multisamples as the target for the installation--it wants to install the multisamples to my C: drive, where the DP plugin lives.  also unfortunately, I don't have enough space on my C: drive for 13 GB of multisamples.  Leaving aside for the moment the question of how Cakewalk managed to ship this installer without setting it up to read the registry information that designates the location of the multisamples folder (which I've verified is pointing to the external HD), how do I get the installer to put these multisamples in the right location? 

Sonar X3 and 8.5.3 
Windows 7 64 bit
Digitech RP360XP/Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Studio Cat Pro laptop i7
16 GB RAM

2 Replies Related Threads

chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:DSF HD strings installer will not install the multisamples to the correct hard drive 2012/09/17 17:17:55 (permalink)
    lightninrick

I am trying to install the DSF HD strings that came with my upgrade to X2.  Unfortunately, the installer will NOT allow me to specify the external HD where I have all my DP multisamples as the target for the installation--it wants to install the multisamples to my C: drive, where the DP plugin lives.  also unfortunately, I don't have enough space on my C: drive for 13 GB of multisamples.  Leaving aside for the moment the question of how Cakewalk managed to ship this installer without setting it up to read the registry information that designates the location of the multisamples folder (which I've verified is pointing to the external HD), how do I get the installer to put these multisamples in the right location? 

Yeah the current installer would search every possible registry key for Dimension (8 possible places based on configuration), the only issue was one of the keys was coming back empty causing the installer to attempt to place the samples at C:

So if you had enough space at C, you probably wouldn't have had an error, and the contents still would have ended up in the correct location.  If you send a message via DigitalSoundFactory.com contact page Tim can send you a fix. 

Cheers, 
    Chad

lightninrick
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 972
    Re:DSF HD strings installer will not install the multisamples to the correct hard drive 2012/09/17 18:05:30 (permalink)
    chad

lightninrick

Yeah the current installer would search every possible registry key for Dimension (8 possible places based on configuration), the only issue was one of the keys was coming back empty causing the installer to attempt to place the samples at C:

So if you had enough space at C, you probably wouldn't have had an error, and the contents still would have ended up in the correct location.  If you send a message via DigitalSoundFactory.com contact page Tim can send you a fix. 

Cheers, 
    Chad

Tim is indeed sending a fix.  Thanks, LR

Sonar X3 and 8.5.3 
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Digitech RP360XP/Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
    Studio Cat Pro laptop i7
    16 GB RAM

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1