DVD opening menu audio from Sonar...?

Author
squoze
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 41
2005/05/21 16:09:07 (permalink)

DVD opening menu audio from Sonar...?

I am trying to create some audio for the opening (static) menu in a DVD project (DVDComposer).
I've learned the sample rate has to be 48kHZ (got that), but its still complaining about something during the muxing process.
The error is (LibDVD:-220) MUX_ERROR
I am exporting from Sonar as a RIFF Wave-I've tried 24 & 16 bit depth.
I've tried converting to mp3 with lame - that's not a valid file type.
DVDComposer says it can accept .wav, .ac3, .mp2, .mpa, and something else I can't see.
Any other Sonar issues required, or is this just a matter of converting the 48kHz wave file from Sonar to the right format?
I've recently gone throught some audio codec hell, so I figure it might have something to do with a codec.

Thanks.

2 Replies Related Threads

bradhuggins
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 37
    RE: DVD opening menu audio from Sonar...? 2005/06/13 23:07:47 (permalink)
    LCPM, Stereo Interleaved WAV should work. (it does work fine with DVD Architect)
    and it must be 24bit and 48k samples (however your dvd authoring program may transcode the original asset for you in the background - this may actually be where your problem is - you might want to refer to you DVD authoring documentation).

If you are wanting surround, it must be encoded (see dolby.com and minnetoka) and really dolby digital (ac3) is really the only "common" type being used. again this must also be 24bit 48k samples.

tarsier
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3029
    RE: DVD opening menu audio from Sonar...? 2005/06/14 15:11:11 (permalink)
    As bradhuggins mentioned... are you exporting a surround wave file? I suspect that your DVD encoding software might not like it. FWIW, we do DVD audio here using Sonar and don't have problems. We export the waves to Vegas Video to generate the ac3 file (Sure wish we could encode from Sonar... hint, hint, Cakewalk) and then it goes to DVD Studio Pro on a Mac.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1