DXi discontinued for latest DimPro & Rapture / expansion packs ... Ramifications?

Author
dance_lets@yahoo.com
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 177
2010/11/23 16:38:59 (permalink)

DXi discontinued for latest DimPro & Rapture / expansion packs ... Ramifications?

What are the ramifications of the loss of DXi support for DimPro and Rapture.  My impression was that DXi worked better than VST, and I avoided VST for use with Sonar.

If I install the latest DimPro and Rapture updates, will Sonar projects originally made with DXi need to be changed someway or is it all "handled? behind the scenes?  If a change is needed, what do I do?

Is there any benefit to staying with an older version of DimPro & Rapture?

Do the most recent expansion packs require the more recent DimPro & Rapture versions?

Andrew Cuomo's B-Slappin Mafia-Bro  audio and background music made with SONAR

2 Replies Related Threads

chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:DXi discontinued for latest DimPro & Rapture / expansion packs ... Ramifications? 2010/11/26 11:15:36 (permalink)
    dance_lets@yahoo.com

What are the ramifications of the loss of DXi support for DimPro and Rapture.  My impression was that DXi worked better than VST, and I avoided VST for use with Sonar.

Were you using 64bit SONAR?  The reason for this is because the VST wasn't 64bit compatible before, only the DXI, making the DXi running better since it didn't have to be wrapped with the bit bridge wrapper.  The VST is now the latest VST spec and 64bit compatible making it just as solid if not better.

If I install the latest DimPro and Rapture updates, will Sonar projects originally made with DXi need to be changed someway or is it all "handled? behind the scenes?  If a change is needed, what do I do?

There's a KB article for this situation.  Essentially you can just insert a new VST of Dimension Pro and load the same program into it and you're good to go.
    http://www.cakewalk.com/support/kb/reader.aspx?ID=2007013164

On some occasions, after updating Dimension Pro or Dimension LE from version 1.2 to version 1.5, your host may report that the plug-in is missing. This only happens when opening projects that were last saved prior to installing the update.

This does not mean that the update did not complete successfully but rather is a result of having updated the plug-in component itself.

To resolve, simply remove the previously referenced instance of Dimension Pro/LE from your project and then add it again.

Is there any benefit to staying with an older version of DimPro & Rapture?

The latest versions have all of the latest bug fixes, features, and optimizations, I'd use the latest versions.  But what ever works for you is the best option.

Do the most recent expansion packs require the more recent DimPro & Rapture versions?

Not required.  But you need at least Dimension Pro 1.2 to load the free expansion packs.

dance_lets@yahoo.com
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 177
    Re:DXi discontinued for latest DimPro & Rapture / expansion packs ... Ramifications? 2010/11/26 16:10:11 (permalink)
    Looks like upgrade is the way to go

Thanks Chad

Andrew Cuomo's B-Slappin Mafia-Bro  audio and background music made with SONAR

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1