Damn you Frank

Author
andypand
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24
2006/09/14 06:41:40 (permalink)

Damn you Frank

You can´t seem to stress clip gain envelopes enough.I then decided to try to work that way myself and now I can´t not use them.
You messed with my workflow you bastard
But seriously though, it´s working great and I can highly recommend it.

5 Replies Related Threads

ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: Damn you Frank 2006/09/14 22:04:07 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: andypand

You can´t seem to stress clip gain envelopes enough.I then decided to try to work that way myself and now I can´t not use them.
    You messed with my workflow you bastard
    But seriously though, it´s working great and I can highly recommend it.

Yeah.. I'm all about precision and total control, I'll spend an hour on one vocal track with that thing. I was like that in the midi days also. In cakewalk 5 for DOS I used to humanize my drums by editing each event in event view till it was perfect. In Sound Forge I often zoom in to the sample level to de-glitch a clip or restore an LP. It's that fine low level control that makes a DAW seem powerfull to me, adding a plugin, tweaking a few controls, and hopeing that works for the whole track just doesn't seem like enough for me, I want it perfect and I want it to stay that way till I decide to change it.
    andypand
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24
    RE: Damn you Frank 2006/09/15 02:03:24 (permalink)
    Yes, it´s completely reversable and undestructive.You can tweek it for a hundered years without making it unreversable.
    It follows the clip nicely too.If you copy and paste it the envelope gets copied as well.

Seriously though, thanks man.
    jacktheexcynic
    Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3069
    RE: Damn you Frank 2006/09/15 20:35:29 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: ohhey
    Yeah.. I'm all about precision and total control, I'll spend an hour on one vocal track with that thing. I was like that in the midi days also. In cakewalk 5 for DOS I used to humanize my drums by editing each event in event view till it was perfect.

before i could really play the guitar, i used to edit guitar midi so the guitar would actually be strummed in finale 3.52. i actually didn't humanize the drums but eventually figured out a macro for the guitar "strumming" which meant i only had to specify whether each individual strum was up or down. =)

- jack the ex-cynic
    ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: Damn you Frank 2006/09/15 21:03:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jacktheexcynic

ORIGINAL: ohhey
    Yeah.. I'm all about precision and total control, I'll spend an hour on one vocal track with that thing. I was like that in the midi days also. In cakewalk 5 for DOS I used to humanize my drums by editing each event in event view till it was perfect.

before i could really play the guitar, i used to edit guitar midi so the guitar would actually be strummed in finale 3.52. i actually didn't humanize the drums but eventually figured out a macro for the guitar "strumming" which meant i only had to specify whether each individual strum was up or down. =)

... now that's hard core..
    losguy
    Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5506
    RE: Damn you Frank 2006/09/18 01:08:05 (permalink)
    Lately I've been finding it too easy to just do it all in V-Vocal. On vocals I'm usually in there anyway, and end up just clicking on the Dynamics function, which is basically another amplitude envelope. Of course, if you bounce the V-Vocal clip the edits aren't accessible, but again, any further tweaks are then just incremental from the last editing session.

Psalm 30:12
    All pure waves converge at the Origin
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1