Darn! Trouble Bouncing Softsynth Track

Author
BbAltered
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 137
2018/11/17 19:45:07 (permalink)

Darn! Trouble Bouncing Softsynth Track

Hello.  I am using CbB in Win 7.  I am having trouble bouncing down a midi-driven soft-synth track.  I have my softsynth loaded onto an audio track, and the softsynth is being driven by midi data on a midi track.  I want to render (bounce to track) the softsynth audio onto a new audio track.  So I select the region (measures and beats), and select both the softsynth audio track and the related midi track in the Tracks View, and then click on Bounce to Tracks.  In the Bounce to Track widget, I choose a destination track, and choose Tracks in the Source drop-down list.  Now in that Source drop-down list, I see the softsynth track, but the related midi track does not appear on the list.  If I select the softsynth track as the source, the resulting bounce contains only silence.

If I recall correctly, when I did this in Sonar, the Bounce to Tracks Source drop-down list would show both the softsynth track and the related midi track.  But I am not seeing this in CbB.

I checked out the CbB documentation which says I should (in Track View) first mute all the tracks I dont want bounced, and then click on Bounce to Tracks and select Tracks in the Source drop down list.  When I do this I can see the softsynth track listed, but I still do not see my midi track listed.  If I try to bounce anyways, the resulting bounce contains only silence.

Why am I not seeing the midi track in the Bounce to Tracks Source Tracks list?  What is the correct (successful) way to render a midi-driven softsynth in CbB?

Thanks 

2 Replies Related Threads

paulo
    Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6218
    Re: Darn! Trouble Bouncing Softsynth Track 2018/11/17 20:05:13 (permalink)
    I never bother with any of that and just use the freeze function instead.

BbAltered
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 137
    Re: Darn! Trouble Bouncing Softsynth Track 2018/11/17 20:15:32 (permalink)
    Oops - Sorry.  My mistake: it turns out the bounce I want is happening and happening correctly; I just didn't know it.

The synth output I am rendering is very low volume.  And my Track View zoomed way out.  So when the Bounce to Tracks operation was completed, all I am seeing is a horizontal line where I am expecting to see rendered waveforms, and I think that no audio has been rendered

But when I zoomed in, I can see the rendered waveform, and when I solo the track, I hear the audio I want to hear. 

So the problem is in my head and not in the equipment.  (And 98% of the time when there is a problem, it is in my head and not in the equipment!!)

Sorry for posting my non-problem.

(I would like to know if Sonar used to include midi tracks in the Bounce to Tracks Source Track list, or if I am remembering this incorrectly.  Hey - I actually have my copy of Sonar and can go check it out for myself!!  :) )  
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1