Dedicate full window view for Clip edits/Comp

Author
micv
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 285
2015/04/01 14:58:54 (permalink)

Dedicate full window view for Clip edits/Comp

I spend most of my time in Sonar tediously editing/comping clips.  If you can double-click to open the Loop view (not sure how many people still use Sonar for loop), can we cntr-double-click (or whatever) on a clip, that opens up a dedicate window/pan just for clip editing. 
Not sure why Sonar restricts the height of a Take Lane and don't have 'quick collapse/expand to max/min height', so you have to manually expand the Take Lane and when done have scroll the mouse to the main track to close the Lanes.  It's a big deal if you have many Lanes.
With a dedicate window/pan, you have the full screen to edit the wave form, draw some tedious envelop. 
For comping, say you first select the clips you want to comp and they all lined up in this one pane vertically to each other.  You can then some pretty precise cut/paste, and leave the rest of the clips not intend for comping "Untouch" .  Don't typically you only comp parts from a few clips and not all clips in the entire lanes?  Currently I have to manually move the clips that I want to comp so they are next to each other, try moving a clip in lane 1 and lane 50 next to lane 130, you get the idea how difficult it is, else you can't see all of them one a screen.  Not to mention if you've applied a clip envelope, and then have to move the clip (for comp) now the envelope is frozen so you must delete the envelope before moving the clip to another lane.

1 Reply Related Threads

icontakt
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4266
    Re: Dedicate full window view for Clip edits/Comp 2015/04/02 09:57:12 (permalink)
    micv
    I spend most of my time in Sonar tediously editing/comping clips.

Me, too. But in my case it's mostly because the minimized lane isn't slim enough and I have to scroll the view up/down like hell.

micv
    so you have to manually expand the Take Lane and when done have scroll the mouse to the main track to close the Lanes.  It's a big deal if you have many Lanes.

I use Shift+T to expand/collapse Take lanes (and Shift+A for Automation lanes).

micv
    Currently I have to manually move the clips that I want to comp so they are next to each other, try moving a clip in lane 1 and lane 50 next to lane 130, you get the idea how difficult it is, else you can't see all of them one a screen. 

I requested a feature to temporarily hide lanes:
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/Ability-to-solo-multiple-Take-lanes-in-the-track-and-hide-all-muted-lanes-at-once-m3200146.aspx#3200146

Tak T.

Primary Laptop: Core i7-4710MQ CPU, 16GB RAM, 7200RPM HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium OS (Japanese) x64 SP1
    Secondary Laptop: Core2 Duo CPU, 8GB RAM, 7200RPM HDD, Windows 7 Professional OS (Japanese) x64 SP1
    Audio Interface: iD14 (ASIO)
    Keyboard Controller/MIDI Interface: A-800PRO
    DAW: SONAR Platinum x64 (latest update installed)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1