Deleting project as whole

Author
PERRANFULO
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2005/06/12 17:47:59 (permalink)

Deleting project as whole

Is there a way to delete a project AND all of its content (as in the audio and everything)?

2 Replies Related Threads

johndale
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3228
    RE: Deleting project as whole 2005/06/12 17:51:49 (permalink)
    Go into Windows Explorer and just delete the whole folder. If you do not know where it is at. Run a search..........................JDW
    Boogie
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2106
    RE: Deleting project as whole 2005/06/12 18:17:35 (permalink)
    If you're not using Per-Project audio folders, do NOT delete the folder where your audio is stored if you have other projects you don't want to lose!

Here's what worked for me when I migrated to Per-Project audio folders: First, I backed up the contents of my audio data folder to DVD-R just in case. Then I saved all of my projects I wanted to keep as bundle files. Then I enabled PPAF. Then opened each bundle and unpacked them into my new project folders (I was prompted for the path in which to unpack.) Then after I verified that everything was in order in each project, I went back and deleted the old audio folder containing the audio data.

I'm sure there are other ways to do this - The Consolidate Project Audio command comes to mind, although I've never explored it. This was the safest way I found to do the PPAF migration and it worked without me losing anything.

Per-Project audio folder is the only way to go. I wish CW would make this the default audio storage setting. With PPAF enabled, deleting/archiving old projects is a snap. I copy them to DVD-R first, then delete the folder containing the .cwp files and the audio folder.
    post edited by Boogie - 2005/06/12 18:26:07

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1