Dell 1907Fp monitor and windows 7

Author
fitzj
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1487
2011/06/12 08:46:53 (permalink)

Dell 1907Fp monitor and windows 7

In my process of upgrading I discovered a small problem with my monitor. The dell has a USB connector cable from pc to monitor as well as a vga cable.

This usb connector cable allows the monitor to run run 4 usb 2.0 connections. For some reason now when I have this pc to monitor cable connected windows 7 will not start. It worked ok for a few weeks so I am at a loss what has gone wrong.

Anyone  have a similar issue or anyone know a workaround.

Checking with dell on Monday if their are new monitor drivers for windows 7.

All works 100% in windows XP.

Hardware
64 bit windows, sonar x1. Nvidia fx 1700 quadro card, nvidia fx 500 card

2 Replies Related Threads

slartabartfast
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5289
    Re:Dell 1907Fp monitor and windows 7 2011/06/12 14:31:43 (permalink)
    So, it looks like the USB connector is basically a connection to a USB hub that is built in to the monitor, and in no way conveys a signal to the monitor itself. There is a single upstream connection (between the computer and the monitor) and 4 downstream connectors to connect peripheral usb devices. Normally, you would not expect to find a problem connecting a usb hub unless a device were connected to the downstream connections that was screwing up Windows, or unless the BIOS or Windows was set to seek a boot device (some motherboards can be set to boot from a usb drive) or other critical device (keyboard?, mouse?) on USB and not finding it. Does your problem occur if no devices are connected to the hub? Have you checked your bios to see if booting from a usb device (external device) is enabled? If so disable it.

Is the same computer connected in both cases but using a different OS due to dual boot or other configuration or is it the case that the old computer worked but a new one does not, or did the old computer work under XP but the same computer fails to work under Win 7?
    fitzj
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1487
    Re:Dell 1907Fp monitor and windows 7 2011/06/13 18:54:41 (permalink)
    Thanks  for the reply and you were 100 % correct. It was trying to boot firstly from a usb device. All working again. Thanks very much.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1