Digital Sound Factory Hammond B3 - Leslie effect doesn't speed up or slow down

Author
phchbr
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2014/11/02 03:15:19 (permalink)

Digital Sound Factory Hammond B3 - Leslie effect doesn't speed up or slow down

I just bought the Hammond B3 plug-in for Sonar. I was particularly looking forward to having a decent B3 where the Leslie effect speeds up and slows down in the way a real one does. The product page on the DSF site even refers to the ability of the original instrument to "create a wonderful doppler vibrato effect, especially when the speed is changing". I've installed the instrument and the sounds are really usable, except that the Leslie seems to switch from being off to being on. without the speeding up effect. Same when switching it off. I've tried assigning it to a midi hardware slider to see if it transitions slowly. No luck. I move the slider up and around the middle, the effect switches from being completely off to being full on. Has anyone managed to work out how to make the effect perform more realistically? Alternatively, does anyone know of a decent plug-in Leslie effect?

2 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Digital Sound Factory Hammond B3 - Leslie effect doesn't speed up or slow down 2014/11/02 09:28:19 (permalink)
    I do not have the DSF Hammond B3 pack so I cannot help with it. Here is a recent discussion about Leslie plug-ins http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3101451 The MeldaProduction plug-ins are frequently on sale at 50% off. Another plug-in to look at which does a pretty good hammond+leslie is VB3 is http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=24 FYI, the 64bit version does not come with a separate FX plug-in. The FX plug-in is only available with the 32bit plug-in. If you have Dimension Pro, Expansion Pack 1 included a Virtual B3. Here is a post of the last bit of documentation of the layout of the Virtual B3 in DimPro (that I know of) http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/2878220
    Sidroe
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1954
    Re: Digital Sound Factory Hammond B3 - Leslie effect doesn't speed up or slow down 2014/11/05 16:42:27 (permalink)
    There are a couple of freebies. Mr. McDonald and Spinner LE. Used them in the old days and they can be quite convincing in a mix. They are only 32 bit plugs, though. They do work in Sonar.

Sonar Platinum, Sonar X3e, Sonar X2a , Sonar X1 Expanded and 8.5.3 (32 and 64 bit), Windows 10 on a Toshiba P75-A7200 Laptop with i7 @ 2.4 quad and 8 gigs of RAM and secondary WD 1 Tb drive, Windows 10 desktop, Asus i5 @ 3.2 quad, 12 gigs RAM, 1 Tb drive, 1 500 gig drive, MOTU 24io, 2 Roland Studio Captures, Saffire 6 USB for laptop, Soundtracs Topaz Project 8 mixer, Alesis Monitor 2s, Event BAS 20/20s, Roland Micro-Monitor BA-8s, and 45 years worth of collecting FX, Mics, Amps, Guitars, and Keyboards!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1