Digital Sound Factory Studio Orchestra

Author
timswartz
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 78
2009/06/15 19:21:10 (permalink)

Digital Sound Factory Studio Orchestra

We are proud to announce our newest Dimension Expansion Pack, Digital Sound Factory Volume 5 Studio Orchestra.

Digital Sound Factory Volume 5 Studio Orchestra offers a comprehensive collection of over 2 gigabytes of the finest strings, brass, woodwinds, and percussion samples, all meticulously recorded for the right expressiveness in each note to convey a truly realistic feel. The DSF Studio Orchestra has been programmed for the powerful Dimension player, delivering the most natural sounding instruments possible. What sets this orchestral library apart from the rest is that it also includes synthesizer waveforms for blending with the realisms of the acoustics creating lush production ready sounds. We have also included a vocal ensemble, Mellotron, and concert grand piano. Not only is the library authentic, but it reaches out and explores the timbre possibilities of electro acoustics creating incredible ready for scoring mixtures. The sounds are fresh, yet aged to perfection, and will work great in any mix.

Digital Sound Factory Studio Orchestra was recorded at the Benaroya Hall in downtown Seattle Washington over the course of two years. Various size sections and styles were recorded with eight microphones through high quality 24/96 analog-to-digital convertors to capture the true realism of the instruments and the natural ambience of the hall. Each recording was reviewed, selected, and mapped to Dimension for ultimate dynamics and playability. Dimension elements are combined to create symphonic sections authentically reproducing the entire orchestra.
The collection includes Sections of 15, 5, & Solo Violin, 10, 5, & Solo Viola, 10, 5, & Solo Cello, 8, 4, & Solo Bass, Woodwinds, Brass, Orchestral Percussion, Synthesizer Waveforms, Mellotron, Vocal Ensemble, and Grand Piano. Combinations of instruments provide for new and interesting sounds making this is a "must have" collection for every composer.

This collection contains 2.2 Gigabyte of samples and 300 programs.

http://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/cakewalk-dimension/volume-5-dsf-studio-orchestra-cakewalk-dimension/product_info.php/cPath/49/products_id/295

www.DigitalSoundFactory.com

9 Replies Related Threads

Daniel H
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: Digital Sound Factory Studio Orchestra 2009/06/18 14:51:11 (permalink)
    I've never actually posted on this Forum before but couldn't help noticing the post for Digital Sound Factory Studio Orchestra!

My collection of Cakewalk products has growng steadily. I have Rapture (with additional packs from Galbanum & others), Studio Instruments (love the Bass graphics), Sonitus FX (Compressor, EQ & Reverb) and last but not least, Cakewalk Dimension PRO (my current favourite)!

I got Digital Sound Factory Studio Orchestra yesterday and I'm blown away by it. I don't judge quality by quantity but 300 programs is just sick (in a really good way) and the quality is right up there IMHO.

Anyway! Just wanted to say Hi, and sorry (to myself) for taking so long to get around to joining the Cakewalk Forum proper! ;)
    Trusty
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 590
    RE: Digital Sound Factory Studio Orchestra 2009/06/18 15:41:09 (permalink)
    Yeah, it really has some great stuff in there. I use it all the time nowadays. It has some of the most genius program design for orchestral instruments I have ever seen.
    Miasma
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 110
    RE: Digital Sound Factory Studio Orchestra 2009/06/23 14:33:41 (permalink)
    Ah, man, I wish I'd known about this a bit sooner! I just bought Garritan Personal Orchestra a few weeks ago, which is okay, but a bit too fiddly sometimes when I just want to write a song. But I can't bring myself to spend another $150 on orchestral patches now.

InstrEd
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1276
    RE: Digital Sound Factory Studio Orchestra 2009/06/23 23:03:42 (permalink)
    Well then look over here

Miasma
    RE: Digital Sound Factory Studio Orchestra 2009/06/24 09:29:17 (permalink)
    Thanks for the link. So maybe I didn't make the wrong choice in getting GPO. I haven't heard the demo of this new DSF yet, but it seems a fair number of people actually prefer GPO, so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad. I guess I'm just missing my old Roland Orchestral board patches (I recently sold my Roland module in an attempt to save space on my desk.)

Hmmmm... speaking of which... Hey Tim, if ever get a chance to make a Roland JV/XP sound set for DimPro, you've got a guaranteed customer here! ;)
    InstrEd
    RE: Digital Sound Factory Studio Orchestra 2009/06/24 11:39:14 (permalink)
    GPO and the Digital Sound Factory are two different beasts. With GPO you have to fiddle more around more to get your sound built up. Still I can't wait for the GPO 4 Aria player to come out. I gave you the link for the coupon code for month of June to get the DSF set for only $99.00. I'm going to buy it over the weekend. I really like Tim's work.

Ed

Miasma
    RE: Digital Sound Factory Studio Orchestra 2009/06/24 13:15:07 (permalink)
    Yeah, thanks, I saw the coupon code. Even at $99, though, I really shouldn't get it right now. I've been spending too much on music software lately, and there are other things in life that I actually NEED (like clothes, new furniture, etc.) But I'm definitely going to listen to the demo when I get home today, and who knows, maybe in a few months I'll treat myself to this.

Hey, can you post a review of it on here after you get a chance to play around with it? I'm really curious to hear your thoughts on it. Thanks!
    InstrEd
    RE: Digital Sound Factory Studio Orchestra 2009/06/30 22:38:21 (permalink)
    Hey, can you post a review of it on here after you get a chance to play around with it? I'm really curious to hear your thoughts on it. Thanks!

I said I was going to download it over the weekend, but I didn't have a chance till today.
    So the little I have gotten to play with it tonight, I say it really is a winner for the $99.99 special. I think it is a winner even at $149.99. I know what you're saying about money being tight. I have a credit card that I keep just for music purchases and so far I haven't paid any interest on the card. I figure if GPO4 comes out next month, it can wait till august for me to buy now. I've waited long enough for it, Gary can wait 4-6 weeks for my money.

Back to the program of DSF DimPro expansion pack 5
    Only been playing with the strings and I really like them. Might not be great for straight orch work, but for film/TV fill lots of content for the $99 bucks and the demo on DSF does not do
    them justice. Tim if you're checking in here. Try to post some more demo's. I hate for you
    to lose sales because customers are judging the pack by the demo.

Ed
    Miasma
    RE: Digital Sound Factory Studio Orchestra 2009/07/01 08:48:20 (permalink)
    Glad to hear the expansion pack is good-- I may end up getting it somewhere along the line. I'm starting to find that all this stuff is WAY too addictive, though: I have tons of sounds that I haven't even really explored yet, and I still keep planning what sounds to buy next! So for now, I'm just going to take some time and play around with what I already have. Maybe in a few months, if I find that I would like more orchestral stuff, I'll get this.
    (BTW-- I know I complained about GPO being too fiddly, but I've recently grown to love the violin patches and the expression/articulation that I can get out of them. It's amazing how real it can sound without too much effort. Even if I do get DSF's orchestral stuff one day, I don't see myself giving up the GPO violins.)

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1