Author
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
2016/01/21 17:30:09 (permalink)

Digitech Trio Plus

$299

http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/digitech-trio/

The DigiTech Trio+ pedal is one of the most powerful practice, writing, and performance tools a guitarist can ask for. The basis of the pedal is DigiTech’s popular Trio technology that listens to your playing and automatically plays bass and drum accompaniment. But the Trio+ offer five additional genres for getting the right feel. An onboard looper lets you lay down rhythm guitar parts for each loop. And the Trio+ lets you store and sequence these loops any way you chose to build full songs for your performances.

https://youtu.be/5PrnqmedKa8
post edited by cclarry - 2016/01/21 17:43:26

fireberd
Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3704
Re: Digitech Trio Plus 2016/01/22 07:51:07 (permalink)
I tried one of the original Trio's and immediately sent it back.  It was useless for me.

"GCSG Productions"
Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
ISRC Registered
Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
jbow
Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7601
Re: Digitech Trio Plus 2016/01/22 21:07:02 (permalink)
I was just about to buy a TRIO. I got a $250 SW gift certificate for my birthday. I was probably going to order a TRIO tomorrow and had been wondering how it would work with a looper. I am glad I saw this. It looks like a really fun pedal to me. I'll go with this one instead of the original!
Thanks Larry!!!

Julien

Sonar Platinum
Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!
Cactus Music
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: Digitech Trio Plus 2016/01/24 20:23:07 (permalink)
fireberd
I tried one of the original Trio's and immediately sent it back.  It was useless for me.

Ditto for me.. it's an overpriced kids toy. Nothing a real musicain could use. It is fun to play along with but forget it if you think you can make it even sound like a 3 chord Hank Williams song. 
DigiTech stuff is also very el cheepo in quality. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

jbow
Re: Digitech Trio Plus 2016/01/24 21:10:06 (permalink)
Well dang.... they sure make it look like something that would be fun to sit around and jam with.
J

Sonar Platinum
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
ston
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 965
Re: Digitech Trio Plus 2016/01/25 05:31:25 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jbow 2016/01/25 10:02:35
Looks like they've finally added the functionality which was missing in its first incarnation.  I use mine in conjunction with a TC Ditto to achieve the same result.  I would not call the Trio a performance or writing tool, it's for quick 'n' easy jamming and practice, nothing more.  As such, I think it's a pretty fun toy.

jbow
Re: Digitech Trio Plus 2016/01/25 09:54:30 (permalink)
ston
Looks like they've finally added the functionality which was missing in its first incarnation.  I use mine in conjunction with a TC Ditto to achieve the same result.  I would not call the Trio a performance or writing tool, it's for quick 'n' easy jamming and practice, nothing more.  As such, I think it's a pretty fun toy.

That's what I was thinking. I never thought of using it as a short cut to writing but for fun. I'm surprised that people don't like it. I have a Boss Looper I hardly ever use and was thinking about using it with the TRIO but now that they have added a looper it looks like something fun to play with when just noodling around.
I'll probably still get one. I think I'll like it but I'd never expect a pedal to help me write a song. Everything I have heard from BIAB sounds pretty good. I wonder if you still need the three button footswitch with this version of the TRIO.

Thanks,
J

Sonar Platinum
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
Cactus Music
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: Digitech Trio Plus 2016/01/25 10:28:19 (permalink)
$300 !! 
I was planing on using one for doing sing alongs at the old folks home where I work. I thought it would make the events sound more full. But It could not even follow "you are my Sunshine". 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

jbow
Re: Digitech Trio Plus 2016/01/27 20:57:45 (permalink)
I preordered one yesterday. I don't plan on it helping me write songs or for it to accompany performing songs, I have a looper if I want to do that, but I don't want to. If I perform it is solo guitar and vocals. I am hoping for something to have some fun with in a more freeform way. Something to maybe give me a few more ideas for lines that are good but need more direction... but mostly with a couple of beers and a cigar on the porch in the Summer.
I like to noodle on my guitar, this seems like something that will noodle along with me. A toy, exactly!

J

Sonar Platinum
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
TWillie50
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Digitech Trio Plus 2016/01/28 18:51:23 (permalink)
I am with you jbow. I am getting one this weekend to jam with and even to do the unmentionable and work with creating and writing music with it. From what I can see it also makes it possible to keep your tracks and even rearrange them in the order you would sing them in.
I fail to see the ho hum aspect the others are finding. It may have some limitations but at the same time I think the strong points will make it great to jam with, to write and sing new songs too, and even other things as it keeps developing. The parts, including the filing system seem to be solid enough in the plus version to make it a very usable "toy" indeed.
Let's share notes as we go.

Tom
jbow
Re: Digitech Trio Plus 2016/01/29 20:35:58 (permalink)
TWillie50
I am with you jbow. I am getting one this weekend to jam with and even to do the unmentionable and work with creating and writing music with it. From what I can see it also makes it possible to keep your tracks and even rearrange them in the order you would sing them in.
I fail to see the ho hum aspect the others are finding. It may have some limitations but at the same time I think the strong points will make it great to jam with, to write and sing new songs too, and even other things as it keeps developing. The parts, including the filing system seem to be solid enough in the plus version to make it a very usable "toy" indeed.
Let's share notes as we go.

Tom

They have indeed improved it. A looper will solve all these problems. You could use the looper and song sections to record parts yourself. Have you ever seen a video of Phil Keaggy using a looper, it is amazing what he can do. I figure this will be fun and on those riffs and lines you come up with and you get stuck how can it hurt to get some ideas? I think it is cool and will be a LOT of fun. I think I'll be able to use the line in on a Crate Powerblock amp for the Band output, then another amp for whatever I play, of course the FX loop is great, I can throw an OD pedal in there if I can route it to the guitar and not the Band. You can update the firmware too, when available. It looks like it is a lot better than the original TRIO. They made it "live friendly".

J

Sonar Platinum
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
ston
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 965
Re: Digitech Trio Plus 2016/02/03 09:07:33 (permalink)
I've just had a rummage around in the manual of the new Trio+ (available on DT's website if anybody's interested).

There was another thing that I wanted the original to be able to do which the new '+' version still cannot, which is some means to report or query the tempo that Trio is playing at.  Also, some means to set a specific playback tempo.  It does have some interesting and useful tempo-related features, but more direct access to the tempo would have been a very useful feature, for me at least.
kzmaier
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 461
Re: Digitech Trio Plus 2016/12/02 10:40:05 (permalink)
Picked one up, black fri sale.  I can see this as a great practice tool and possible live applications.  Day 1, what am I doing ... did I make a mistake??  Day 2, read the manual, ooo this thing is fun.  I still haven't mastered it yet but expect to have a lot of fun while practicing with it.  Early thoughts,  good construction, tone (drums/bass acceptable, loop recording unnoticeable loss), and design (controls straight forward).  Being old and color blind I find the leds almost useless, which may force me to keep track of time and song position.  Currently the only negative I have is the leds and lack of tempo/song position feedback.  Another improvement would be ability to copy song sections.

Best Regards,
Ken
Bandlab Cakewalk - i5/8G Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 / Boss gt001

www.reverbnation.com/kzmaier

MauricioLuque
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Digitech Trio Plus 2017/05/20 15:25:31 (permalink)
Hello everyone!

I have just created my first cover with the wonderful Digitech Trio+ and I would to share it here with all of you.
It is a backing track of "Every breath you take" from "The Police".
It is available to download here (for free, of course): *************

As I can't paste a link (per forum policies), if you are interested, search in Google for "Digitech Trio+ songs" and you will find a result with my username as domain (mauricioluque dot com), it is the second post in the homepage.

After download, you need to upload it to your own device with the Trio Manager software feely available in the Digitech website.

I hope you like it.
MauricioLuque
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Digitech Trio Plus 2018/10/06 10:04:46 (permalink)
I just created my second song with the Trio+ and I would to share it here with all of you.
It is a cover of "Do you want to know a secret" by The Beatles. I hope you like it.

Google it, as the previous one.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1