Dim Pro & Rapture samples & patches where I want them

Author
mcdonalk
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 547
2011/06/25 17:21:32 (permalink)

Dim Pro & Rapture samples & patches where I want them

I am about to migrate from my old XP machine to a new W7 64-bit machine.

When installing Dim Pro and Rapture on my old machine originally, I remember that I had to wrestle with the registry so that I could make them work with sample libraries which were in another location on my system instead of the default location.

Now that I am migrating to the new PC, how can I install these two instruments so that I can determine where the sample libraries will be installed?

thanks

Keith

14 Replies Related Threads

S.Wallis
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 269
    Re:Dim Pro & Rapture samples & patches where I want them 2011/06/26 13:26:26 (permalink)
    I can't remember off the top of my head whether you have to select custom install of whether you can select the locations by default, but if you select to perform a custom install, then you can decide where you want everything installed.

There's 3 locations to select - one for the program (stand alone app, and resources (such as pictures etc...). Another is to select the VST folder where you want the plug-in installed, and finally, you select where you want library (or multisamples) to be installed.
    Metaphasic
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 262
    Re:Dim Pro & Rapture samples & patches where I want them 2011/06/26 13:30:46 (permalink)
    Or are you talking about re-organizing the patches? If not, use above, if so, simply go into the folder where they are kept once it is installed, then move them around, creating folders of your own if you want. Then go into the Patch Browser and hit F5 to refresh things. It'll pick up the new layout. As long as it all stems from the installation patch root, all should be good.
    Kev999
    Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3922
    Re:Dim Pro & Rapture samples & patches where I want them 2011/06/26 18:56:56 (permalink)
    Some info can be found here, although I am not sure if it will be different in W7.

In the case of Rapture, the sample library is so small that is hardly worth the bother of moving it.

SonarPlatinum(22.11.0.111)|Mixbus32C(4.3.19)|DigitalPerformer(9.5.1)|Reaper(5.77)
    FractalDesign:DefineR5|i7-6850k@4.1GHz|16GB@2666MHz-DDR4|MSI:GamingProCarbonX99a|Matrox:M9148(x2)|UAD2solo(6.5.2)|W7Ult-x64-SP1
    Audient:iD22+ASP800|KRK:VXT6|+various-outboard-gear|+guitars&basses, etc.
    Having fun at work lately
    mcdonalk
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 547
    Re:Dim Pro & Rapture samples & patches where I want them 2012/08/12 13:04:36 (permalink)
    After a year, I am getting back to this. I completed my migration to W7 64 a long time ago. However, I still cannot figure out how to get Dimension Pro to map to its multisamples directory, which I have on another drive. In the registry, there is no "contents folder" or "multisamples folder" entry like there is for Rapture. I was able to get Rapture to correctly map just fine by editing its registry entries. Any advice?
    timswartz
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 78
    Re:Dim Pro & Rapture samples & patches where I want them 2012/08/12 13:51:43 (permalink)
    Hi Keith,

The Dimension registry settings for Windows 64 bit are located in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software. Select the folder of the Dimension version you are running - ie Dimension Pro for V1.2 and dp or Dimension 1.5. The multisamples string can modified to point to the new Multisamples location.

Best Regards,

Tim
    www.DigitalSoundFactory.com
    lightninrick
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 972
    Re:Dim Pro & Rapture samples & patches where I want them 2012/09/17 12:07:48 (permalink)
    timswartz

Hi Keith,

The Dimension registry settings for Windows 64 bit are located in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software. Select the folder of the Dimension version you are running - ie Dimension Pro for V1.2 and dp or Dimension 1.5. The multisamples string can modified to point to the new Multisamples location.

Best Regards,

Tim

Tim, I'm trying to install the HD strings now (on Win XP 32 bit), and my registry is pointing directly to my external hard drive, where the multisamples folder is located.  But the installer insists on putting the samples on my C: drive, which doesn't have enough space to handle the load.  So how do I get the installer to read the registry, or ask me where to put the stuff?

Sonar X3 and 8.5.3 
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Digitech RP360XP/Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
    Studio Cat Pro laptop i7
    16 GB RAM

timswartz
    Re:Dim Pro & Rapture samples & patches where I want them 2012/09/17 13:11:43 (permalink)
    Hi Keith,

We are in the process of reworking the Dimension installers. We are checking for multiple registry configurations, but are missing a few and in some cases, writing an exta folder on C:\. Our install genius Chad is working it out.
    In the mean time, please go to www.DigitalSoundFactory.com and use the contact form to send us your email. We will send you the Program and Multisamples folders (no installer) and you can manually copy the files.

Best Regards,
    Tim

Keni
    Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5769
    Re:Dim Pro & Rapture samples & patches where I want them 2012/09/29 14:25:21 (permalink)
    timswartz

Hi Keith,

We are in the process of reworking the Dimension installers. We are checking for multiple registry configurations, but are missing a few and in some cases, writing an exta folder on C:\. Our install genius Chad is working it out.
    In the mean time, please go to www.DigitalSoundFactory.com and use the contact form to send us your email. We will send you the Program and Multisamples folders (no installer) and you can manually copy the files.

Best Regards,
    Tim

Hi Tim...

I'm having this kind of problem installing the Mo Phatt disk...

I've checked my registry entries for dp and they point to the (correct) x64 folder...

When I did they install the multisamples and programs folders got placed in my x86 folder... I then tried to copy/merge those folders into the x64 folders and followed it with a refresh (F5) in dp, but they still don't appear...

The strings had no problem (that I've found yet ;-)...

What do you suggest I try?

Thanks...
    Keni

Keni Fink
    Keni - Facebook
    Deep Space Records
    http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
    http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
    Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
    timswartz
    Re:Dim Pro & Rapture samples & patches where I want them 2012/09/29 15:02:51 (permalink)
    Hi Keni,

Dimension has been updated since the CD's were created and the file locations have changed. After installing from the disc, please move the files to the following locations:

Dimension LE 1.5
     - Multisamples - C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension LE\Multisamples
     - Programs - C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension LE\Programs
    Dimension Pro 1.5
     - Multisamples - C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples
     - Programs - C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs

Also, the installer for Symphonic Strings has been updated and appears to be functioning correctly.

Best Regards,
    Tim

post edited by timswartz - 2012/09/29 15:05:35
    MrMook
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 589
    Re:Dim Pro & Rapture samples & patches where I want them 2012/09/30 09:21:59 (permalink)
    Tim, I did as described in your post, When I refresh the library and try to load the new samples I get: "Error Uncompressing Program Data - Program Failed to Load".

Any ideas what's up?

Thx.

Dave- 

SONAR Platinum

Intel i7 4790 360 GHz , 32 GB RAM, SR-22, UA-25EX, Win 7 x64, Too many Vsts and Effects.
    timswartz
    Re:Dim Pro & Rapture samples & patches where I want them 2012/09/30 20:13:43 (permalink)
    Hi Dave,

When a program fails to load, Dimension can not find the sfz file associated with the program. First make sure you are running the latest Dimension V1.5.  I have seen this issue running new content on older versions of Dimension. Update the browser  - press F5 while in the brower window. If that does not work, load a program that is working and do a windows search for the sfz used in one of the elements. When you find it, this will be the location you need to put all of your Multisamples folders.

Best Regards,

Tim
    Tané
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 198
    Re:Dim Pro & Rapture samples & patches where I want them 2012/10/09 05:15:44 (permalink)
    Hi Tim I am having the same problem with DimPro not recognizing my multisamples folder for my older DSP libaries of sounds . The Symphonic HD strings Disk I received as a early adopter of X2 installed with no problem. As you said in a previous post it has a more recent installer. I copied my Emu Planet Earth multisamples and program folders from the installed default Programs Files(x86) location and followed your instructions perfectly ie. Dimension Pro 1.5 - Multisamples - C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples - Programs - C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs I then opened DimPro and in the browser pressed f5 and the folder showed up in the libary. When I click on a patch I get the familiar sfz not found. I can see that these folders are in the right place as mentioned above but they are blind to DimPro. I uninstalled X1 and all my previous DSP libaries so I would have a clean install. So the only DSP libary I am trying to have recognized is the Emu Planet Earth. If I can get that one installed correctly I would feel confident with installing all my other DSP libaries. I am using Win7 64bit Any suggestions? Cheers Don
    timswartz
    Re:Dim Pro & Rapture samples & patches where I want them 2012/10/09 12:18:09 (permalink)
    Hi Don,

If you are running the Dimension 32 bit version, the Multisamples should stay in the (x86) folder. If you still can not load programs -  as suggested in a previous post - 
    load a program that is working and do a windows search for the sfz used in one of the elements. When you find it, this will be the location you need to put all of your Multisamples folders.

Best Regards,
    Tim
    donald
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 424
    Re:Dim Pro & Rapture samples & patches where I want them 2012/10/17 17:23:03 (permalink)
    I have the same problem, but with E-MU Proteus-Mo' Phatt. 
    System: Win 7 64-bit, Sonar X1 64-bit, Dim Pro 1.5 64-bit on Dell Precision M4700 i7.

Symphonic HD strings runs fine, but DP won't find the Mo' Phatt sounds. They don't show up in DP after refreshing with F5. I've followed your instructions above and also copied the folders to my default DP multisamples folder on my D-drive. Nothing seems to work. The sounds just wont show up in DP.

The odd thing is that the Mo' Phatt installation creates a \Programs-folder and I can't find any other Dimension Pro Programs-folders anywhere in my system. Still DP runs fine and I can find and play all other sounds in DP apart from the Mo' Phatt library. 

Another odd thing is that the Registry entry you refer to above doesn't include any reference to any multisamples folder on my system. However HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\dp does include the correct path to my multisamples folder D:\WaveFront\Ljud\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro

------
    I've found a solution now and naturally I failed to see that the programs folder should be located in the hidden ProgramData folder. When I copied the Mo' Phatt library programs to this location everything worked fine.

However, I think the Dimension Pro installation procedure and its libraries need a serious overhall as it shouldn't be this difficult to install a few new sounds.
    post edited by donald - 2012/10/17 18:00:12
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1