Dim Pro/Le - Difficulties trying to make a sound monophonic

Author
karmagician
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2009/09/30 22:32:24 (permalink)

Dim Pro/Le - Difficulties trying to make a sound monophonic

Reading the Dimension Pro documentation, it says if you set polyphony to 0, you will get monophonic behavior with legato retriggering.

Yes, this is true on a wide variety of sounds.

However, if I load a sax waveform (multisound) like T-Sax.sfz (from the Proteus 2000 Digital Sound Factory set), and set it to 0 (or 1 for that matter) - I get no sound at all. If I set to polyphony of 2, then some notes play and some make silence.

I've looked at the .sfz file in a text editor. I don't see what is making this behavior. I can load a different multisound into the exact same program, and the polyphony of 0 works. I load in this T-Sax.sfz waveform, or A-sax.sfz waveform, and there is no sound with polyphony of 0. I simply want a monophonic sax!! Anybody know what is going on? Thanks.

1 Reply Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:Dim Pro/Le - Difficulties trying to make a sound monophonic 2009/10/01 12:00:28 (permalink)
    I compared it some of the stock / included synth basses.. errm they only use a wav... and the cut off / glide etc is done with in Dim Pro

04.. synth basses.  1-5

have a look at the synth basses. "syn bass" you notice they are just the wav's and no sfz..

in the sfz for t-sax etc.. the ampeg etc tags might be causing the issue.. but if you look in the modulator section onscreen it shows the cut off etc.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1