DimPro "Favorites" folder?

Author
vicsant
Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1378
2007/01/16 03:24:41 (permalink)

DimPro "Favorites" folder?

Can I create a sub-folder called "Favorites" in each Program category in the DimPro library and then drag and drop the programs I like there for easy access?

For example, in the Pads category, I create a "Favorites" folder, and then after audition a pad program, if I like it, then I'll drag and drop that pad program there?

Thanks,

Vic

3 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: DimPro "Favorites" folder? 2007/01/16 03:48:11 (permalink)
    Sure. Create the sub-folders and keep a WinXP Explorer window open alongside your host app. Audition the .progs in DP, then drag and drop them around in Explorer. When you're done (because it may take a while with a lot of programs), press F5 with DimPro's Program Browser in focus to refresh, and see your handiwork.
    vicsant
    Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1378
    RE: DimPro "Favorites" folder? 2007/01/16 07:30:15 (permalink)
    Thanks b rock. Hope I can ask two more questions.....

1. Will moving the programs to a new location create duplicates of the elements used in the programs. I want to avoid increasing the size of the disk space being used by the DimPro libraries.

2. If I do a "Save As" of an existing program to a sub-folder, will this duplicate the elements being used by the original program?

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: DimPro "Favorites" folder? 2007/01/16 08:29:07 (permalink)
    1). The programs simply "refer" to the elements contained inside of them. That's the beauty of the structure: Mutlisamples in one place, and .sfz files define their properties. Elements add another layer of functions, and Programs group those together with more functions. No duplication: it's just one streamlined pyramid of building blocks with "maps" at each level.

Just to clarify, though: When you do your drag 'n' drop reorganization, either left-click and drag, or right-click and drag with the Move To option. Copy To (the destination) will create a duplicate.

2). Save As ... will duplicate the Programs themselves. If they contain outside Elements that are already saved somewhere else in isolation, it doesn't duplicate those in a sense. But it does group all of the variables together for all 4 Elements and save those, along with some other parameters. Save alone will overwrite the original program.

Concerning file size, though, .elem and .prog files are very, very small. It's the Multisamples that carry the hefty weight, and those don't get wrapped up in the files (only 'pointed" to). That's why if you start moving the Multisamples around, the Programs may not find them. You have to "redirect" Dimension Pro to where they're at, and Save the Program again.

3). Bonus Answer: I saw your question a few days back about Modulators in the Sonar forum. Check out the Dimension Pro section at the Project5 Wiki for expanded information.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1