DimPro pitch bend problem

Author
toomuchgear
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2008/12/03 12:37:01 (permalink)

DimPro pitch bend problem

Has anyone experienced this?:

When applying pitch bend or mod wheel - either in real time or via a sequenced track - DimPro will not respond to the events and just puts out a brief, distorted audio glitch.

All other functions are apparently normal, ie, when no mod or pitch events are involved, the app works fine. The same symptoms occured with Sonor 7 running DimLE & DimPro, then again after reinstalling DimPro with Sonar 8.

System:
Intel core 2 quad
Win XP pro
4 gb ram
Sonar 8 Prod
Presonus Firepod
Waves Mercury VST
Real Guitar VST

The folks at tech support, as of 12-02-08, have not heard of this issue.

Thanks!

2 Replies Related Threads

torhan
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4271
    RE: DimPro pitch bend problem 2008/12/03 16:11:28 (permalink)
    There's a known issue with pitchbend and 96k sample rate. Switch your project's sample rate to 44.1, etc., and see if it works.

Sonar Platinum
    Premier Tracks
    ASCAP
    shang
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 41
    RE: DimPro pitch bend problem 2008/12/03 16:37:20 (permalink)
    Yes, torhan is correct. Do your piano patches also sound like crap when you play in the upper octaves? Be careful when you choose certain patches as well. You could literally blow your speakers from the +99 level squeal you will get.

The fact that tech support said they don't know anything about this REALLY chaps me. We've been complaining for well over a year about this. Just see the thread about 96K/24bit a little ways down the list. If it is indeed the same problem, tech support will tell you to change to 44.1K as well. That's somewhat like buying a Ferrari and finding out later in order to use the radio or CD player you have to only use first gear.

Okay, just one more vent: The latest patch for Dim Pro is 1.2, which came out when Sonar 5 was the latest Sonar version! Look at the text about the 1.2 patch if you want proof. The patch download I have is dated 12/31/06, so it came out well before that. That means they have not patched DimPro in 2 years!

I know, I'm bitter and basically preaching to the choir, but I feel a little better now.

So long and thanks for all the fish,
    Shang
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1