DimPro\Rapture engine compare

Author
Bugai
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 15
2013/11/01 17:21:53 (permalink)

DimPro\Rapture engine compare

Maybe this was discussed earlier, excuse me in advance.
Actually, the question is - why Dimension Pro are more expensive (or for the same price) than Rapture, despite the fact that (In my quick look) Rapture has a more advanced capability (multi,detune,ringmod functions in osc section at least)
What original in DimPro (versus Rapture)?
Or because of the content size in the main?
post edited by Bugai - 2013/11/01 17:23:27

5 Replies Related Threads

dubdisciple
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5849
    Re: DimPro\Rapture engine compare 2013/11/01 17:35:17 (permalink)
    Different type of synth. Rapture compares a little more easier to Z3ta+. With Romplers it is all about the massive sample library.  Dimension can do things that Rapture cannot do.  Once could  (in theory at least ) play every part of an orchestra with DP.  One could come closer to making Rapture type sounds with DP than Rapture could come to making acoustic instrument sounds like DP.  Still not a fair comparison but if you had to create music in many genres from hip-hop to classical and could use one synth, you would stand a better chance with DP than Rapture.  With that said, Rapture is clearly superior when it comes to synth type sounds and for some that may represent a better value than DP. 
    Bugai
    Re: DimPro\Rapture engine compare 2013/11/02 09:53:21 (permalink)
    I'm sorry, my imperfect knowledge of the English.
    But I would like to see presence of specific differences, technical details so to speak.
    If you mean the difference based on the stylistic direction, then this is in my opinion not enough to call them types are different.

Everything that comes to my mind from the technical benefits in DP, it is a some tags "Physical Modeling" or "Wave Guide", It seems Rapture is devoid of this.
    But what exactly are is these DP features and what their potential is, I'm not versed yet (not felt yet).
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re: DimPro\Rapture engine compare 2013/11/02 18:02:56 (permalink)
    Rapture uses short, simple samples - organs, waves.

DimPro's library is a more extensive, acoustic range.  Longer samples and many more of them.  It costs money to record a sound library. 

Rapture's engine, as you've noticed, is stripped down from DimPro (which came out first).  Also, I think Rapture turns all samples into wavetables (not the ppg kind but a sample of the sample in 3000 cycles).  DimPro is a sampler for any "file" over 3000 samples long.  So rather than just playing organ or synth ocsillator waves, it can playback longer acoustic files.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Bugai
    Re: DimPro\Rapture engine compare 2013/11/02 20:34:46 (permalink)
    Thanks for some info.
    (Will also need to dig into the manual.)
    musichoo
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 811
    Re: DimPro\Rapture engine compare 2013/11/03 22:27:04 (permalink)
    Dim Pro came with 7 gig of samples. Raptures only +200mb.

Sonar Platinum. Win7 64bit. i7 CPU 4770. 14 Gig RAM. Roland A500Pro controller keyboard. Korg Krome 88. M-audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard, Focusrite 18i8, Roland UA25EX. Ivory II, True Piano, Addictive Keys, Synthmaster, Harmor, Zeta +2, Lounge Lizard 4, Geist, Miroslav 2, Sample Tank 3. Kaiser grand piano. Shure KSM137 x2. Wave's Renaissance and Gold. Breeze. ST3. Pianoteq 5. AD2.Aether Reverb, Dune2 , Reason 10 and Komplete 10 Ultimate, Syntronik, O8N2 adv, Studio one 3.5 Pro.

https://etherealpiano.bandcamp.com/
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1