Dimension Automation recording In Sonar 5

Author
karashnaho
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 37
2006/02/24 13:06:27 (permalink)

Dimension Automation recording In Sonar 5

Hi, I'm trying to record automation from the UI of Dimension in Sonar 5.
In Project 5 all you do is arm a track, press record in the transport and move the control with the mouse (e.g. Filter 1 cutoff), and all the automation gets recorded and will play back etc.
But I can't figure out how to do this if I add Dimension as a soft synth in Sonar 5.

Arming a track for recording or automation recording then pressing the appropriate record button in the transport, moving a UI control on Dimension does not record any automation to the sonar track.
Any Ideas? Thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Dimension Automation recording In Sonar 5 2006/02/24 15:37:58 (permalink)
    Open the track in piano roll view at the botton is the controllers view. Just select the track you wish control. All the gui parameters should be listed in the drop down for CC#. There are many, a lot of the controls are not visable in the gui. Starting on page 48 in the D pro manual you can see the master list breakdown by # and what it does.
    karashnaho
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 37
    RE: Dimension Automation recording In Sonar 5 2006/02/27 13:10:41 (permalink)
    Thanks lawapa -Unfortunately I only have the version that comes with P5. However I have found a workaround. The trick is NOT to add Dimension as a soft synth from the synth rack, but to add it to an audio track directly in the track bin. Then you can right click on the synth entry in the track bin and select arm parameter and tick what you want. The automation then gets recorded.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1