Dimension - "Dimensions" (atmospheres)

Author
cityrat
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 671
2005/11/09 19:42:22 (permalink)

Dimension - "Dimensions" (atmospheres)

I know nobody probably has received the Dimension Pro (yet!) - but I'd be eternally grateful for any info / reviews on the "atmosphere" type sounds. Seems like a lot of focus is on "realistic" (ie orchestra) - my main interest though is the pads and atmospheres (new age, dark ambient, etd).

I’m playing around right now with 11 Dimension, Ghost Ship, Alien Piano, Piano Nightmare,Wind Velocity. I like just about every voice in the 01 - Dimensions bank. Add the arpegiator (I use it in Sonar) and wow....

How many new sounds of this type compared to what I have now ??

I have to say - in my limited messing around with softsynths (I used VSampler but didnt care for it, thought about Proteus X but hmmmm) Dimension seems extremely well thought out. Its one of those rare progs that combines ease of use and power (the sfz format is slowly dawning on me what kind of POWER you have - I love text based stuff!) I do whish there was more grounds up documentation (is there a full user manual in pro?). Lots of you guys(gals?) have assumed knowledge while I’m still trying to see the forest from the trees!

edit - damn typos!
post edited by cityrat - 2005/11/09 19:44:38

1 Reply Related Threads

SteepLearningCurve
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 281
    RE: Dimension - "Dimensions" (atmospheres) 2005/11/09 23:14:23 (permalink)
    I love the presets in Dimension too. I've been having some fun lately learning how to put together my own Dimension programs. The quick start guide in P5's help got the ball rolling really easily and now I'm getting less sleep than ever. It's also a cool thing to twist up some of the existing multisamples, programs and elements included with the p5 Dimension. PRO will be here Friday...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1