Dimension LE and Guitar Pro

Author
gheston
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14
2008/05/25 18:12:09 (permalink)

Dimension LE and Guitar Pro

I tab out my songs in Guitar Pro 5. Usually just bass and guitar. I can import them into Sonar 7 PE as midi and use the TTS-1 to play them. However, none of my other soft synths (Dimension, Rapture, Atmosphere) will play the midi notes. Is there a way to get them to play the midi guitar tabs I've already created? I don't want to have to recreate my parts in the staff view. Thanks in advance.

4 Replies Related Threads

APC3
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1228
    RE: Dimension LE and Guitar Pro 2008/05/26 01:19:28 (permalink)
    I do this all the time, because GP5 is just faster for me to write out notation and tab. One thing I noticed is that I have to transpose my Bass midi up an octave. I haven't used GP5 in a while, but there was some transposing with guitars as well. This was all with Dimension Pro and Rapture. Check the PRV and see where the notes fall. I had it working, just can't remember exactly what I had to do. I know I have it written down somewhere in my never ending notebook of techniques and shortcuts, I'll try to dig it up for you, I'm almost 100% positive it's just a transposing issue.
    gheston
    • Total Posts : 14
    RE: Dimension LE and Guitar Pro 2008/05/26 14:46:04 (permalink)
    If you find your notebook let me know exactly how you did it. I tried using Sonar to transpose the bass line. I tried two octaves in both directions with no success. Do I need to transpose it in GP5 before I import it in Sonar? Good news is I did get the bass line to work as is in Trilogy. Thanks for the help. It was really starting to get frustrating. Just let me know what you think about how you did it. Thanks.
    Daspub
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Dimension LE and Guitar Pro 2008/05/28 09:20:26 (permalink)
    I use GP5 as well. You need to go to each midi track that you've imported, view events, and delete all of the events at the top of each track until you hit the first note. GP5 evidently adds a lot of information at the start of each track that Dimnesion can't read. That will allow Dimension Pro to play the midi tracks. And yes, you need to transpose the bass up an octave, which you can do in Sonar using the midi transpose function. Good luck.
    APC3
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1228
    RE: Dimension LE and Guitar Pro 2008/05/29 00:42:14 (permalink)
    Thanks for posting, it's been quite some time since I've used GP5 and Dim Pro together. I remembered the bass needing to be transposed, but forgot about the "events" part for guitar. Thanks again Daspud.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1