Dimension MIDI Matrix ==> Vector Mixer?

Author
CallMeZoot
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 64
2007/03/18 19:46:55 (permalink)

Dimension MIDI Matrix ==> Vector Mixer?

I have had Dimension (not the pro version) since I upgraded to Sonar 5 and I have always assumed that the MIDI Matrix could control the vector mixer.

But then I tried tonight and I can't find the vector mixer in the "destination" field. Surely I'm missing something?

I would like to have one knob control the X axis and another control the Y access. Right now the closest I can come is to have 4 knobs control each element's volume but I can't get a smooth, 3-dimensional morph this way -- it sounds like a monkey on an etch-a-sketch.

ALSO, I can't find any "MIDI LEARN" in the MIDI Matrix -- I have a bazillion knobs and faders and I rely on MIDI Learn -- I can't remember what controllers I have them preset for (they are preset for my various sample libraries).

Thanks,
chris.
(Sonar 5 Producer)

1 Reply Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Dimension MIDI Matrix ==> Vector Mixer? 2007/03/18 20:14:47 (permalink)
    OK, good, Zoot. You're using Sonar, so you can use DX Automation. You're going to have to re-assign one of those Track Inspector 'widgets' to Vector Mixer X, and another 'widget' to Vector Mix Y. They're down near the bottom of that huge list of automatable parameters. then you can use Sonar's Remote Control and MIDI Learn to bind a controller message to each axis.

I'm not sure if your controller keyboard is capable of message scaling and reverse. You may want to try that, or hunt down TenCrazy's MFX CC Map.

No MIDI Learn in the Matrix, and I don't think in the rest of the GUI with regular Dimension. Dimension Pro got direct MIDI Learn in the 1.2 update. Also at TenCrazy, there's an MFX PortDiag plugin that's a MIDI monitor. You can use it to read what messages that you already have mapped in your preset sample libraries.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1