Dimension Pro 1.0 or 1.2 Stops Working after a few notes ?

Author
Xian
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2006/10/13 20:26:59 (permalink)

Dimension Pro 1.0 or 1.2 Stops Working after a few notes ?

I have Dimension Pro installed on my office workstation, and in my home studio.

It works fine at the office with a PCI SB Audigy 2 (Dual Xeon 2.6's).

My home system has a built in Sigmatel Audio, however, I'm driving Sonar 6.0 Prod. with a PCMCIA SB Audigy 2 (home rig is a Fujitsu Lifebook N5010; Hyperthreaded P4 3.0ghz).

On my home system, I'll play a few notes and then it just decides to stop playing at regular volume. If I really crank up the speakers, I can hear it generating sound, but it's super super quiet. I literally press about 5 or 6 notes on the keyboard before Dimension just dies on me.

Dimension Pro cuts out whether I'm driving it with the on-board SigmaTel or the PCMCIA Audigy 2. I've tried running the drivers both in WDM or MME modes. No difference.

Every other synth and plugin works perfectly. For some reason Dimension Pro just decides to go silent on me.

Any suggestions ?

-Xian

2 Replies Related Threads

Xian
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Dimension Pro 1.0 or 1.2 Stops Working after a few notes ? 2006/10/16 21:00:41 (permalink)
    Appears that my Midiman Oxygen8 USB was sending dimension a volume change event randomly... wierd...
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Dimension Pro 1.0 or 1.2 Stops Working after a few notes ? 2006/10/17 09:35:15 (permalink)
    my Midiman Oxygen8 USB was sending dimension a volume change event randomly... wierd...
    Those controllers are kind of notorious for sending spurious MIDI messages from the knobs, and the problem gets worse over time with accumulated dust and dirt. If you know which of the knobs or Data Slider is problematic, try re-assigning it to something fairly innocuous (like CC#84, for example).

You can also re-assign the knob to another MIDI transmit channel, like ch. 16 (using the MIDI/Select switch process). This isn't going to stop Dimension Pro from "hearing" it (it receives on all channels in Omni), but you can isolate the control in your host application. Set the track's input filter to only pass the keyboard (and other knobs') transmit channel; usually MIDI Channel 1.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1