Dimension Pro 1.5 and out-of-tune samples

Author
planetearth
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 763
2010/07/16 01:45:08 (permalink)

Dimension Pro 1.5 and out-of-tune samples

In the list of "fixes" for Dim Pro, I didn't see any mention of the well-known problem with out-of-tune samples. Does anyone know if these have been fixed?

I don't know if this is just something Cakewalk wouldn't want to mention specifically in the list of updates, but they knew about the problem before the updates were made, and they've had time to fix them.

SONAR Platinum ▪ NI Komplete, Korg DLC, Arturia V5 Collection, Dimension Pro, IK Multimedia & other synths ▪ Les Paul, Peavey and Yamaha guitars. Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife . Comments from other SONAR users are always welcome!

3 Replies Related Threads

Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 751
    Re:Dimension Pro 1.5 and out-of-tune samples 2010/07/16 12:14:53 (permalink)
    Hi Steve,

First a disclaimer: I do not have a release date, and the final delivery is subject to change so don't hold us to anything yet.

I would like to provide you an explanation and reassurance that we are working on the tuning issues with bass patches and hope to resolve it soon.

The backstory: the tuning issue unfortunately occurs in the recorded bass samples themselves and is not something that Dimension can globally 'fix' for all of these sounds.  The other problem with retuning them from Dimension (if it could safely/easily be done) is that if a user already tweaked the programs or had it in an existing project and/or compensated for the issue elsewhere it would essentially undo all of their work by overwriting the program and break backwards compatibility.

Our original plan was to offer a free expansion pack of bass sounds for Dimension users.  This part we could have hit, however after an internal review of what was put together we decided that we would rather give everyone an expansion pack with less programs but higher quality samples.  This part is what is being worked on now and we hope to complete it soon.

We truly appreciate yours (and everyones) patience in this and look forward to hooking everybody up with a free expansion pack of higher quality bass sounds.

Willy Jones 
    Cakewalk
    planetearth
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 763
    Re:Dimension Pro 1.5 and out-of-tune samples 2010/07/16 14:08:23 (permalink)
    Willy, thank you very much for this information!

I appreciate how much work is required to fix the samples, and while I can't speak for everyone, I'll go ahead and do so anyway, and suggest that all we really wanted to know was that Cakewalk was doing something about this.

As I've stated in other posts, I really like Dimension Pro, and I use it as often as many of my other VSTs combined. I was just a bit disillusioned when I couldn't find any information that Cakewalk was working on a fix for this significant issue. I'm glad to hear something is happening, and while I don't think anyone will hold you to a release date, it might be nice if someone gave us an update in a couple of months, to let us know the status.

Thanks again, Willy!

SONAR Platinum ▪ NI Komplete, Korg DLC, Arturia V5 Collection, Dimension Pro, IK Multimedia & other synths ▪ Les Paul, Peavey and Yamaha guitars. Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife . Comments from other SONAR users are always welcome!
    sanelso2
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 73
    Re:Dimension Pro 1.5 and out-of-tune samples 2010/07/20 12:01:07 (permalink)
    I agree, it is (and would be) nice to know that efforts are being made to fix the sample tuning probelms (even if it will be replacement samples).  These issues and some of the other 64-bit issues were what turned me away from DP.

Thanks again for the info.

Cheers!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    SONAR X1x 64-bit

Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 (2.5 Ghz) 6M L2 Cache 800Mhz Dual Core, Windows 7, 256MB NVIDA Quadro
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1