Dimension Pro DXi Missing

Author
ibcoleman
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
2007/02/23 14:30:44 (permalink)

Dimension Pro DXi Missing

Weirdness: I have SONAR 5.2 installed. I just received the Project5/Dimension Pro/Rapture bundle. So I installed Dimension Pro, and Rapture. I installed both as DXi and VST.

Then installed Project 5 unchecking the "Install Dimension" box (or at least I thought I did).

So now if I open Project 5 or SONAR, and pull up the DXi plug-ins, I have an entry for "Dimension" but not "Dimension Pro". If I go to the VST drop-down, I have a "Dimension Pro" entry.

Now at first I thought they were just used a different title, but comparing the list of available programs, I'm realizing the Dimension Pro VST is a superset of the DXi version.

And when I look at the Dimension entry in the plug-in manager, it says it's in the "Cakewalk/Shared Dxi/Dimension" directory not "Cakewalk/Dimension Pro".

Now I can't figure out how to remove the Dimension plug-in, and get SONAR or P5 to recognize the Dimension Pro plug-in.

Any ideas?

Pentium 4M @ 3.20GHz - 1 G Ram
Sonar Studio 7.0.2, Project5 2

3 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Dimension Pro DXi Missing 2007/02/23 15:13:08 (permalink)
    Now I can't figure out how to remove the Dimension plug-in
    It's been a long time since I did that. You got 'bit' by the Project5 V2 installation, huh? I seem to think that there was some way to uninstall just Dimension 'Regular' through Start ->All Programs -> Cakewalk ..., or Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs (in WinXP).

If not, you've got a fresh install of P5. That might be the quickest way to uninstall/re-install the whole application. The second time through, when you get to the Select Components screen, go to the Options button next to Dxi Synths, and de-select the Dimension (Regular) install option. If you still have problems with Dimension Pro after that, it may not have 'registered' properly. Come back again with the results; I've got a few tricks to help nudge it along.
    ibcoleman
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 19
    RE: Dimension Pro DXi Missing 2007/02/23 16:25:32 (permalink)
    Ok, here's the short version:

I uninstalled Dim Pro.
    Uninstalled Proj5.
    Reinstalled Proj5 w/ Dimension non-Pro *un*-selected.
    Checked and found that "Shared Dxi/Dimension" was still created.
    Pretended not to care.
    Installed Proj5; applied Proj 5 201 update.
    Installed Dim Pro; applied DimPro 1.2 update; installed XPs 1 and 2.

Now Proj5 and SONAR both show "Dimension Pro" and have the extra goodies.

Can I go ahead and delete the "Shared Dxi/Dimension" folder, do you think?

celebrating good times,

- ibcoleman

Pentium 4M @ 3.20GHz - 1 G Ram
    Sonar Studio 7.0.2, Project5 2
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Dimension Pro DXi Missing 2007/02/23 16:57:02 (permalink)
    That the long route, for sure, but in the end it's the safest and cleanest way out. Glad you got it working.
    Can I go ahead and delete the "Shared Dxi/Dimension" folder, do you think?
    Probably so. I say 'probably' becuse I'm not looking right at it. What's in it? I remember my un-installation leaving just a residual shell with a few custom presets in it. The content itself (Multisamples, installed Programs, etc.) is redundant. With what you've got working now, you don't need any of it.

If you really want to be cautious, just rename the original Dimension 'non-Pro' .dll to something like 'Dimension.dllbackup'. I don't think that's necessary at all, but that would give you an easy way to revert if you discover something weird going on in the next few days.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1