Dimension Pro Multisamples Folder?

Author
artofcode
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2010/09/18 11:56:59 (permalink)

Dimension Pro Multisamples Folder?

I have DM Pro x64 v1.5 installed and working on Windows 7.  But it can only find its multisamples if they are located in the default "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples" location.

The old fix for telling DM to look elsewhere for samples doesn't seem to work with this version.  I followed advise from some older posts and added a "Multisamples Folder" key under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Dimension Pro", but:

1) the key wasn't there until I added it
2) it didn't work

Do the samples have to be located in the default folder?  What happened to the Registry key?

--- aoc

6 Replies Related Threads

S.Wallis
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 269
    Re:Dimension Pro Multisamples Folder? 2010/09/18 17:58:21 (permalink)
    I can't offer much help, but wanted to let you know that i have Dim Pro's Multisamples folder on a seperate drive. Dim Pro is installed on my C (System) drive. My vst master folder is on my C drive aswell. But because Dim Pro comes with so much content, i installed the content on an external Data drive. the path is a simple E:\Music Folder\Multisamples. I don't have any problems with that set up.

Try re-installing Dim Pro, then select the folder you want to install the multisamples into when you get to that stage in the installer. I'm not too sure if you can do this (choose where the multisamples are stored) but it's the only way i can think of how i've done it.
    artofcode
    Re:Dimension Pro Multisamples Folder? 2010/09/18 22:07:16 (permalink)
    Thanks S.Wallis, but I didn't get prompted for a sample location during the install.  I've seen posts elsewhere that complain about that, and point to the Registry entry to specify the path.  But that doesn't seem to work with this version.
    Glyn Barnes
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7564
    Re:Dimension Pro Multisamples Folder? 2010/09/19 00:39:12 (permalink)
    artofcode

Thanks S.Wallis, but I didn't get prompted for a sample location during the install.  
    You should have done according to this.
    http://www.cakewalk.com/support/kb/reader.aspx?ID=2005290

I shall be going through this process later in the week when I replace a drive and reorganize my setup so I have my fingers crossed.

Are there complete and custom install options? If so could that be the reason you did not get asked?
    post edited by Glyn Barnes - 2010/09/19 00:43:38

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
    Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
    Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    Re:Dimension Pro Multisamples Folder? 2010/09/20 18:12:01 (permalink)
    The newest update to Dimension Pro uses a different registry key for its Multisamples path value.
    artofcode
    Re:Dimension Pro Multisamples Folder? 2010/10/18 20:51:33 (permalink)
    techead
    The newest update to Dimension Pro uses a different registry key for its Multisamples path value.
    Hi Techead, what key might that be?

My installation is half-working as follows:
    Sonar and D-Pro are installed with multisamples located in "D:\Music\Samples\Dimension Pro\Multisamples".  The "Multisamples Folder" key was added to the Registry with "D:\Music\Samples\Dimension Pro\" as it's value.

D-Pro running in the Micro-host can find all programs and load the samples.  But running from Sonar, the Program Browser is empty.

I can use Load Program to browse to the .prog files, but the sample files can't be found and I get the Multisample Not Found popup.

I've reinstalled and still have the problem.

--- aoc
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    Re:Dimension Pro Multisamples Folder? 2010/10/18 21:52:37 (permalink)
    The new registry key for Dimension Pro 1.5 (32bit) is:

HKLM/Software/Cakewalk Music Software/dp/
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1