Dimension Pro Programs - Trying to understand what is going on

Author
guitartrek
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2842
2009/12/06 00:26:24 (permalink)

Dimension Pro Programs - Trying to understand what is going on

I'm trying to save programs in Dimension Pro.  When I press the program handling button I see all the folders and I create my own, starting with "00" so it would always be on top of the list.  I save my programs in this folder. 

I press F5 to refresh the program list window, but nothing happens. 

I press the program handling button and there my folder 00 is - at the top and my programs are in the folder.

I leave Sonar and come back. I go into Dimension - hit the F5 to refresh.  This time it refreshes the program list, but no 00 folder.  I press the program handling and load and no 00 folder. 

I search for one of my programs.  It finds the program but it is in a completely different folder:
C:\Users\Geno\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro...etc

Now my programs aren't accessable within Dimension Pro.  Why?

2 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Dimension Pro Programs - Trying to understand what is going on 2009/12/06 12:28:27 (permalink)
    Maybe there is an internal problem w/ 00 listings?  I always create "name" (not number) folders in the Dimension file on C: drive.  I forget the exact place but it is somewhere in c:>Program Data (you have to make sure to "see all folders")>Cakewalk>Dimension Pro>Programs and they will refresh.  It is easy for me, since my name is alan and that pops up right after the "numbers'.  I have other subfolders like Other, B-Rock, etc.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    guitartrek
    Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2842
    Re:Dimension Pro Programs - Trying to understand what is going on 2009/12/06 14:32:47 (permalink)
    It's weird - I tried some more things: 

I created a 000 Test folder to see what would happen.  This folder appears to be in the same folder as the Original Dimension Pro programs.  Here's the weird thing:  The 00 folder doesn't show in this folder - it is still in the user data folder - but when I bring up Dimension Pro and hit a F5 to refresh - I now see my 00 folder - but not the 000 test folder. 

I think some of it may be the weirdness of Windows 7 where files can appear to be in one place, but are not physically there.  Windows 7 uses a lot of libraries and re-directs I think.  It is a complaint of Windows 7.  Maybe it is the future of how things should be organized.  But it can be frustrating to those of us who want to know exactly where files are.

Is it Windows 7 that wants to put any user programs in the user directories instead of the program directories?  Or is it Dimension Pro?
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1