Dimension Pro VST issue in Orion Platinum

Author
plugnz13
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2013/06/15 06:25:03 (permalink)

Dimension Pro VST issue in Orion Platinum

I have a huge issue that is really flummoxing me. I have Sonar X2 and Synapse Audio Orion Platinum both installed on my PC. I use orion as a quick sketch pad essentially and intend to use Sonar as my mixing software. Dimension pro used to run fine in Orion, until I recently setup a new user profile on my computer and reinstalled them both on that ( intended to be a music specific profile (windows 764bit)) . Sonar and Orion both run fine on the new profile, but Dimension pro now will not open in Orion. I have a whole lot of songs in Orion that use dimension pro and which I now can't use properly as a result.  I have tried unsuccessfully to scan the folders that dimension pro.dll are in but still wont open. I have even tried copying and pasting the .dll into the orion vst plugin folder. Still no go! I have had to resort to exporting the audio and midi from orion into sonar so i can use dimension pro, however this is extremely time consuming as I don't know which preset was used so have to trawl though all the presets until i find it. I have also used effects in orion that I can't replicate in sonar. The original DP tracks in orion have been replaced by an internal sampler so I can't see any reference to the original DP preset. It would be easier if it just WORKED like it did before! I am also having exactly the same issue with Z3ta. Why is this happening? can someone please let me know.

3 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Dimension Pro VST issue in Orion Platinum 2013/06/15 08:56:59 (permalink)
    Could it be that you are trying to run the 32bit versions of the plug-ins in Orion 64bit? The 64bit version of DimPro is "Dimension Pro x64.dll". The default location is "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\Dimension Pro". The 64bit z3ta+ defaults to "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\zeta+".
    post edited by scook - 2013/06/15 08:58:43
    plugnz13
    Re: Dimension Pro VST issue in Orion Platinum 2013/06/16 03:52:40 (permalink)
    Hi scook, thanks for your reply. have just tried a few things that the synapse audio crew suggested and checked the version i was using. Could be I was using the 32 bit version hence why the x64 weren't working. anyway is all working now so thanks heaps. :)
    plugnz13
    Re: Dimension Pro VST issue in Orion Platinum 2013/06/16 03:52:48 (permalink)
    Hi scook, thanks for your reply. have just tried a few things that the synapse audio crew suggested and checked the version i was using. Could be I was using the 32 bit version hence why the x64 weren't working. anyway is all working now so thanks heaps. :)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1