Dimension Pro Vs Dimension

Author
LightningGun
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12
2006/07/08 14:26:05 (permalink)

Dimension Pro Vs Dimension

I looked around but can't seem to find it .........What are the differences between Dimension that ships with Project 5 and Dimension Pro? I recently bought Demension Pro expecting more functionality but I don't really see that as of yet (I'm still learning). So far all I can see is just more samples......is that what I paid for?

I hope I got more for my money and I am sure I probably did I just don't know it yet so can guys give me a breakdown as to what is better in Dim Pro.

Also do need I get rid of the OLD Dimension?.....I am asking this because when I insert a new instrument track and choose an instrument, only option is for Dimension that shows up. When loaded is has the same samples as Dim Pro but well, for some reason I have to explicity replace the instrument with Dimension Pro in order to load my own .sfz and have it work. The .sfz doesn't work until I change the instrument to Dim Pro....any insight on this would be great too.

Lastly, I read the tips section for the .sfz format and got it working for my own samples however can you guys point me to more tutorials about it so I can better understand it......I don't really understand the lokey and hikey options.

Thanks in advanced for any insight.
post edited by LightningGun - 2006/07/08 14:39:10

5 Replies Related Threads

René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Dimension Pro Vs Dimension 2006/07/08 14:42:24 (permalink)
    In few words, you get 3GB+ extra of contents, 500 more programs, REX/RCY/RX2 support, more insert and master effects like verbs and distortions, PC RTAS and x64 version, Mac AU/VST/RTAS version, Mac UB support, a "dedicated", multilingual manual, enhanced and more efficient engine, Microtuning/Alternate tunings with Scala support, MIDI Learn, several new utilities as copy/paste, etc. Something like twice as much as the original Dimension.

Yes you need to get rid of the old Dimension.

-René

techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: Dimension Pro Vs Dimension 2006/07/08 15:06:13 (permalink)
    The wise ones here have been recommending that the original Dimension that came with Project5 be uninstalled before Dimension Pro is installed. I did this and was able to use Dimension Pro without any problem even on tracks I had made with the original Dimension.

Be sure to see the growing number of Dimension Pro tips at the Project5 Wiki: Dimension Pro

-Techead
    LightningGun
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12
    RE: Dimension Pro Vs Dimension 2006/07/08 15:49:00 (permalink)
    Cool thanks guys........Just found this by way of the wiki http://www.rgcaudio.com/sfzformat.htm.......thanks again for the help.......I have a lot of learning to do now.
    Paradroid
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 454
    RE: Dimension Pro Vs Dimension 2006/07/10 06:21:27 (permalink)
    In few words, you get…

…nicer looking knobs.
    ajwmusic
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 55
    RE: Dimension Pro Vs Dimension 2006/07/10 09:19:23 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Paradroid

In few words, you get…

…nicer looking knobs.

Damn...I didn't get any knobs with my version of Dimension Pro..Are they in the box and do I glue them onto the screen when I find them ? ajw

8 Million Terrabyte Wooden Stick
    5 Expresso Machines
    3 Plastic Egg Shakers
    1 Katana
    :)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1