Helpful ReplyDimension Pro and Rapture patch names

Author
rluka
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
2013/08/28 00:37:51 (permalink)

Dimension Pro and Rapture patch names

Just wondering if there is any way of getting a list of names and numbers of all the patches in Dimension Pro and Rapture?
Thanks
Ron L
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Dimension Pro and Rapture patch names 2013/08/28 01:03:25 (permalink)
The programs are individual files stored in "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs" and "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs". I am sure there are prettier ways to create directory listings but one way would be to open the command line (cmd.exe)  change to the programs directories and execute "dir /s/b > somefilename.txt"

Note C:\ProgramData is a hidden directory.
rluka
Re: Dimension Pro and Rapture patch names 2013/08/28 17:13:52 (permalink)
scook
The programs are individual files stored in "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs" and "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs". I am sure there are prettier ways to create directory listings but one way would be to open the command line (cmd.exe)  change to the programs directories and execute "dir /s/b > somefilename.txt"

Note C:\ProgramData is a hidden directory.

Trying to get a fix on this: The names of all the banks and patches are in ProgramData/Cakewalk/Dimension Pro/Programs...Is there where I go when I open  "cmd.exe"......Also...Do I enter this exact text: dir /s/b > somefilename.txt

Thanks for the help
I really appreciate that
Ron L
scook
Forum Host
Re: Dimension Pro and Rapture patch names 2013/08/28 17:35:18 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Living Room Rocker 2013/09/22 18:34:25
Yes. The DimPro banks are actually subdirectories under C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs. The patches are separate files in are those subdirectories. Rapture is organized the same way in C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs. In fact, I often use the search function in windows to search those directories when looking for patches.

dir /s/b is a DOS command to create a list of file names within a directory tree, traversing all the subdirectories below where the command is issued.

The > somefilename.txt redirects the result of dir /s/b to a text file called somefilename.txt. You can use any name of your choosing.

If you wish, you can add the full directory path to the dir command. Then it does not matter where the cmd.exe opens up. The full commands would be:
dir /s/b "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs" > dimpro.txt
dir /s/b "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs" > rapture.txt
This will produce two files in the current directory containing all the patches for boths synths.

post edited by scook - 2013/08/28 17:46:47
rluka
Re: Dimension Pro and Rapture patch names 2013/08/28 17:50:21 (permalink)
scook
Yes. The DimPro banks are actually subdirectories under C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs. The patches are separate files in are those subdirectories. Rapture is organized the same way in C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs. In fact, I often use the search function in windows to search those directories when looking for patches.

dir /s/b is a DOS command to create a list of file names within a directory tree, traversing all the subdirectories below where the command is issued.

The > somefilename.txt redirects the result of dir /s/b to a text file called somefilename.txt. You can use any name of your choosing.

If you wish, you can add the full directory path to the dir command. Then it does not matter where the cmd.exe opens up. The full commands would be:
dir /s/b "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs" > dimpro.txt
dir /s/b "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs" > rapture.txt
This will produce two files in the current directory containing all the patches for boths synths.

Thank you...That is just so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will give it a try
fb.seeker
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 113
Re: Dimension Pro and Rapture patch names 2013/08/31 18:53:00 (permalink)
scook,

Outstanding posting.  I just completed the listing, changed text size/font a little then printed
both files to  PDF landscape file.
There are hundreds of great sounds, and decent memory, but too much to remember.
rluka, great request.
scook, great answer.

FrankB "Our Home is Over the Next Hill" Johnny Cash http://www.youtube.com/user/fbseeker?feature=guide
fb.seeker
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 113
Re: Dimension Pro and Rapture patch names 2013/09/02 20:19:39 (permalink)
rluka, scook,
Am very happy camper for the Dim Pro and Rapture Databases.
I had downloaded them then printed to a PDF file setup in landscape.
Am lucky enough to own a GBC plastic comb binding machine.
Created one manual for Dim Pro and one for Rapture.
Now can audition/mark special sounds for future reference.
Again Thanks for heads up and guidance to both of you.
post edited by fb.seeker - 2013/09/02 20:21:26

FrankB "Our Home is Over the Next Hill" Johnny Cash http://www.youtube.com/user/fbseeker?feature=guide
scook
Forum Host
Re: Dimension Pro and Rapture patch names 2013/09/02 20:23:37 (permalink)
You are welcome.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1