Dimension Pro - assigning programs to midi tracks

Author
kringle
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 183
2008/02/02 18:12:28 (permalink)

Dimension Pro - assigning programs to midi tracks

I cannot seem to assign diffrent instruments (programs) to new tracks without inserting another instance of the DimPro Synth into Music Creator 3. It shows 16 channels but it doesn't seem to assign sounds to those channels. I end up inserting multiple synths (one for each instrument). I know I must be missing something.

Any ideas?

Jason
www.MettaFlutes.com

5 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Dimension Pro - assigning programs to midi tracks 2008/02/02 19:03:14 (permalink)
    I end up inserting multiple synths (one for each instrument). I know I must be missing something.
    Not really. Dimension Pro doesn't respond to program change messages. Multiple instances is the way that most people go with this.

If you want to channelize the four Elements, go to the Options icon to the left of DIMENSION PRO, and Set Multitimbral. With most of the installed programs, you'll have to "fill" the remaining Elements on your own. If you're interested, I have an easy way to do this from the supplied presets.
    kringle
    RE: Dimension Pro - assigning programs to midi tracks 2008/02/02 21:05:50 (permalink)
    Thank B rock. I am always interested to learn more.

Jason

Jason
    http://www.MettaFlutes.com/
    http://www.myspace.com/brotherchristmas/
    Pentium Dual Core 2.8ghz - 2 Gig - windows xp
    125 gig free on hard drive - mc3 - sonar hs7 - delta 44
    b rock
    RE: Dimension Pro - assigning programs to midi tracks 2008/02/03 08:08:32 (permalink)
    I am always interested to learn more.
    Here's the basic explanation. Let me know if anything remains unclear.
    kringle
    RE: Dimension Pro - assigning programs to midi tracks 2008/02/04 13:55:09 (permalink)
    Thanks. So this mean each of the four elements can be assigned to a different midi track? I have Music Creator 3. Do you have any idea how to assign an element to a track?

Thanks
    Jason

Jason
    http://www.MettaFlutes.com/
    http://www.myspace.com/brotherchristmas/
    Pentium Dual Core 2.8ghz - 2 Gig - windows xp
    125 gig free on hard drive - mc3 - sonar hs7 - delta 44
    b rock
    RE: Dimension Pro - assigning programs to midi tracks 2008/02/04 17:57:46 (permalink)
    So this mean each of the four elements can be assigned to a different midi track? I have Music Creator 3. Do you have any idea how to assign an element to a track?
    No, not a track. The audio from Dimension Pro will be 'sub-mixed' to a single stereo pair of outputs. What you can do is split the Elements under control of four MIDI channels. Look for the Options icon in the group of four (it's probably a screwdriver pic ... it could be a syringe ...). Check "Set Program to Multitimbral". That option gets saved when you save a program file.

Now, Element 1 will process notes transmitted over MIDI Channel 1. E2 is triggered by MIDI Channel 2, E3 by ch.3, and E4 by ch.4. Your clips can contain all four 'parts' within a single file. Sorry, I'm not familiar with exactly how to set this up in Music Creator 3.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1