Dimension Pro lock up w/ Sonar 7.03

Author
AWIEGE
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 35
2009/03/19 18:08:46 (permalink)

Dimension Pro lock up w/ Sonar 7.03

Basically the sublect line says it all. When I try to load an element in dimension pro the program just hangs up. It won't do a thing. I basically can't use dimension pro at all. Any suggestions???

I've fallen and I can't get up!

Anthony Wiege

Sonar producer 7.2, Dimension Pro, Rapture Pro, Roland TD-6 drumkit, Yamaha Ypg-625 keyboard, 8 guitars and basses, Radium 49 keyboard, Emu 0404 soundcard, Compaq presario w/ 1g ram.

9 Replies Related Threads

AWIEGE
    RE: Dimension Pro lock up w/ Sonar 7.03 2009/03/19 18:09:49 (permalink)
    I also have to state that I have Rapture installed and it works fine. As do all of my other VST's.

Anthony Wiege

Sonar producer 7.2, Dimension Pro, Rapture Pro, Roland TD-6 drumkit, Yamaha Ypg-625 keyboard, 8 guitars and basses, Radium 49 keyboard, Emu 0404 soundcard, Compaq presario w/ 1g ram.
    AWIEGE
    RE: Dimension Pro lock up w/ Sonar 7.03 2009/03/19 18:48:44 (permalink)
    Acutally I will argue with myself. It's not the elements block, it's when I click on "Empty Program" just above the element keys e1 through e4.

Anthony Wiege

DaveClark
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 956
    RE: Dimension Pro lock up w/ Sonar 7.03 2009/03/19 18:55:16 (permalink)
    Hi Anthony,

Sorry to hear that DPro is giving you problems, but I myself have no idea what is happening because your description leaves too many possibilities. If you could more completely describe what you are seeing, then folks here can help you. Although tedious for you, a step-by-step description is best for troubleshooting.

You said that you are trying to load an element in DPro, but that it "just hangs up." What are you trying to load an element with? How are you trying to load it? How do you know that it hangs up? (That is, what is it doing that you believe is not correct?) And so on... These details would help us to help you.

Once again, step-by-step is tedious, but often very helpful.

Regards,
    Dave Clark

AWIEGE
    RE: Dimension Pro lock up w/ Sonar 7.03 2009/03/19 19:31:11 (permalink)
    It's not the elements block, it's when I click on "Empty Program" just above the element keys e1 through e4. The program hangs there. It's a hard hang. It hangs up sonar 7.02 as well as Dimension Pro. That's all the info I have. I can't use dimension pro after that. When I say it hangs up...it does that. Just freezes forever. I don't know what other info I can give you. Awhile back I switched to ASIO mode from WDM but that's about it. I am reinstalling DimPro now. We'll see if that helps.

Anthony Wiege

DaveClark
    RE: Dimension Pro lock up w/ Sonar 7.03 2009/03/19 21:05:16 (permalink)
    Hi Anthony,

Sorry I didn't see the post about Program versus element (third one). I was probably typing and got interrupted, then came back and posted without re-reading the thread --- a common problem!

Anyway, from your description, I would hazard a guess that the "Contents folder" key for DPro is somehow corrupted or pointing somewhere other than where it should. What that means is that DPro probably cannot find the folder where it thinks everything is. Why this should cause a hang as you describe rather than an error message would still be a mystery, but would not be surprising to me at all.

After doing re-installation, you should not move any folders, etc. but just start everything up. If you still have a problem, you might want to check the registry keys for DPro if you know how to do that and ensure that things look OK there.

Regards,
    Dave Clark

AWIEGE
    RE: Dimension Pro lock up w/ Sonar 7.03 2009/03/20 13:27:10 (permalink)
    I reinstalled but still have the same problem. What should I be looking for in the registry???? I know how to get there (regedit) but don't know what to look for. Thanks.

Anthony Wiege

DaveClark
    RE: Dimension Pro lock up w/ Sonar 7.03 2009/03/20 21:06:14 (permalink)
    Hi Anthony,

First, please understand that I'm basing my guess on corruption or a registry key problem on your description of locking up when you click on the Program area --- that is that you see nothing more and cannot operate DPro or SONAR and that there are no other windows popping up behind SONAR that you haven't seen, for example. If you haven't minimized SONAR while the problem exists, you might just try that.

Anyway to answer:

Yes, regedit:

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Dimension Pro

Ensure that "Contents Folder" points to a place that exists and where the content actually is; ensure the same for "Multisamples Folder." I would think that these would be the most important keys for the situation you described. All the keys here are of Type "REG_SZ."

Regards,
    Dave Clark
    AWIEGE
    RE: Dimension Pro lock up w/ Sonar 7.03 2009/03/23 14:23:34 (permalink)
    It appears as though everything in my registry is hunky dory. I can use Dim pro but only if I load an element with the Program/Element Handling>Load program or Load Element. I tried re-installing to no avail. The same problem still exists. Maybe I shouldn't click on that area anymore????????!!!

Anthony Wiege

DaveClark
    RE: Dimension Pro lock up w/ Sonar 7.03 2009/03/24 04:40:33 (permalink)
    Hi Anthony,

Yes, you could do that. But what happens when you click on the MIDI Matrix button or the Vector Mix button? These are two of the four buttons, the left-hand one of which is what I understand you are clicking on to load Programs.

The tooltip: "Program Handling" should show up when you hover over the one that you are using; tooltips: "Show/Hide MIDI Matrix" and "Show/Hide Vector Mixer" should show up for the two I'm referring to.

The reason I ask about the behavior of these other two buttons is that the problem you describe, assuming it is caused by corruption of some resource outside of DPro, could be expected to show up elsewhere. These two other buttons I'm referring to are similar in appearance to the Program Browser which I understand is not showing up so may act similarly.

Have you ever seen the Program Browser, or has the problem you describe always occurred?

Have you seen other problems in other programs, such as some file cannot be found? Text displayed in weird manner? Fonts missing? Anything strange lately?

Regards,
    Dave Clark
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1