Dimension Pro loses settings?

Author
Dickie Fredericks
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 373
2017/07/23 11:43:09 (permalink)

Dimension Pro loses settings?

Have 3 instances of D Pro in a song. I see the midi blinking and the info is there but there is no sound. If I open the synth rack the dimension instances are not lit but TTS, EZ Drummer and Lounge Lizard are.

I can solo the lit synths and I have sound. Nothing on D Pro.

Ive had this happen before and had to create a new instance of the synth and copy the midi in again. I did this today and got no sound.
Maybe its because the content is on another drive.... hmmm Not sure how to make that happen.

3 Replies Related Threads

gswitz
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5694
    Re: Dimension Pro loses settings? 2017/07/23 11:45:05 (permalink)
    I'm guessing you are struggling with the auto echo of the selected track. Click the input echo button until the a goes away.

This still confused me too sometimes. Midi works while the track is selected... Click on another track and it goes mute.

If you are a midi musician, you often want to record a single midi input at a time. The track with the focus will be the only one you hear at any given moment.

If you have a bunch of midi controllers, this is confusing behavior.

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
    I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    Dickie Fredericks
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 373
    Re: Dimension Pro loses settings? 2017/07/23 11:49:23 (permalink)
    gswitz
    I'm guessing you are struggling with the auto echo of the selected track. Click the input echo button until the a goes away.

This still confused me too sometimes. Midi works while the track is selected... Click on another track and it goes mute.

If you are a midi musician, you often want to record a single midi input at a time. The track with the focus will be the only one you hear at any given moment.

If you have a bunch of midi controllers, this is confusing behavior.

I think its because the content is on another drive.
    abacab
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4464
    Re: Dimension Pro loses settings? 2017/07/24 20:06:39 (permalink)
    If a synth is faded out in the synth rack it means that Sonar was unable to load it, most likely because something has changed since the project was created.

I have seen this sometimes when loading a project created in another version of Sonar.  Usually verifying that the VST paths are correct and that the VST is installed correctly, and then doing a VST reset and scan in Sonar Preferences > VST Settings fixes it for me.

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1