Dimension Pro manual/help

Author
Fretbuzz
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 89
2010/10/17 07:23:55 (permalink)

Dimension Pro manual/help

Download the DimPro and Rapture packeage yesterday and have a couple of questions.

1) Does anybody know where the manaul get put as I have searched and cannot find it?
2) Probably a silly question but it seems to me that both of these are practically the same, but with different samples, or have I missed something?

10 Replies Related Threads

S.Wallis
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 269
    Re:Dimension Pro manual/help 2010/10/17 09:22:36 (permalink)
    I don't know where the manuals are (i can't find mine either) but there are some differences.

In my opinion, Rapture is more powerful than Dim Pro, in that you can create more sounds with Rapture, and have more options. By that i mean if you have both programs because Dim Pro's libery is much bigger.
    There's probabaly some i might miss off the top of my head, but;

Rapture has 2 extra elements. You can multiply and detune (some of) the waveforms, and ring mod (some of) the waveforms in Rapture. Rapture has the DSP block which features extra 'distortion units' and routing possibilities, aswell as an extra filter.

You can sync Rapture's envelopes to the host tempo, and 'snap to grid' the nodes (by clicking anywhere in the envelope section and pressing P on your computer's keyboard.) Then you can adjust the tempo of the envelope with the sync control and the envelope stays in time.

Rapture has step sequencers, Dim Pro doesn't. Rapture has a Global page, featuring 2 step sequencers - one for the left, and one for the right channels. The global page also has 2 global fx, a master fx unit, and a master eq unit.

There isn't really anything that Dim Pro can do that Rapture can't. However, Dim Pro comes with Samples, and Rapture comes with Wavetables. The only reason you'd use Dim Pro if you have Rapture would be to use it's (excellent) presets.

Most of Dim Pro's presets are single element SFZ files, or wav samples, both of which Rapture can handle. So i load the actual sfz (or wav) files into Rapture rather than load the Program into Dim Pro. That way i have much more control over the final sound if i want to change it.

I'm sure i've missed something but if i remember i'll edit this.
    post edited by S.Wallis - 2010/10/17 09:24:39
    Fretbuzz
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 89
    Re:Dimension Pro manual/help 2010/10/17 10:09:44 (permalink)
    Thanks s.Wallis, that was useful.

Just wish I could find the manual.
    S.Wallis
    Re:Dimension Pro manual/help 2010/10/17 11:25:45 (permalink)
    There's a popular book called Cakewalk Synthesizers - From Presets To Power User featuring most included synths in Sonar 8.5. I've got it and can't recommend it enough. You also get a download the has extra info and tutorial presets for most of the synths.

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Dimension Pro manual/help 2010/10/17 20:02:24 (permalink)
    The manual/help should be in your Rapt/DimPro file.  You can also hit F5 (I think) when the synth is focused and help pops up.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    RobertB
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re:Dimension Pro manual/help 2010/10/18 15:44:24 (permalink)
    Hmm. I downloaded DimPro last week, and sure enough, the help file is in a different folder.
    The Rapture help file is in the Rapture folder, and can be accessed by clicking F1, with Rapture in focus.

Open Windows Explorer to Program Files>Cakewalk.
    You should see a folder below Dimension Pro labeled simply Documentation. Open the EN subfolder, and you should see Dimension.chm. That's it.
    You might want to shortcut that to your desktop.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    S.Wallis
    Re:Dimension Pro manual/help 2010/10/18 15:57:21 (permalink)
    Oh yeah. It's a html document and i was looking for a pdf...
    nebulae
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30
    Re:Dimension Pro manual/help 2010/10/21 09:58:36 (permalink)
    Can someone please post or upload the D-Pro manual if you have it? I don't see why this isn't already available for download on the Cakewalk site. Thanks much.
    AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Dimension Pro manual/help 2010/10/21 13:21:18 (permalink)
    I think the manual was simply a compendium of the html help files.  I haven't read it to proof it, but I havent' opened the manual much since I got the synth.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 1067
    Re:Dimension Pro manual/help 2010/10/26 10:40:30 (permalink)
    Hi Everyone,

The Dimension Pro 1.5 full installer does include the help documentation but the installer doesn't automatically extract it. To obtain the help files, you can simply copy the .chm help file over from the Documentation folder included with your installer.

You can also now grab these files here: http://www.cakewalk.com/s...der.aspx?ID=2007013200

Ryan Munnis
    Cakewalk
    mark42
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Dimension Pro manual/help 2011/03/20 20:04:54 (permalink)
    You may well find that F1 doesn't work in Dimension Pro...

If you rename the file in
    \Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Documentation
    from Dimension.chm to Dimension_Pro.chm
    it will probably start working!

First you need to click somewhere to get foxus (say the word FILTER just under the dimension logo), then press F1.

Good Luck!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1