Dimension sfz color opcode text editor

Author
cityrat
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 671
2005/11/10 15:42:40 (permalink)

Dimension sfz color opcode text editor

In my attempt to learn all the intricacies of Dimension I have started dissecting the sfz format from http://www.rgcaudio.com/sfzformat.htm. This is sfz format 1.0 - this is what Dimension uses? Or is there a better source for this info? I was looking at "DefaultEffects.sfz" and "DefaultRegion.sfz" have opcodes that are not found in the sfz description...

What I have done so far is to load all the opcodes from the rgc site into a color syntax editor which makes it easier for me to see what the keywords are. I used different colors for Input Controls, Sample Player, Pitch, Filter, Amplifier, Equalizer since those seemed to be the categories at the rgc site.

I use the free "Crimson Editor" (www.crimsoneditor.com) for this - I can post the info if anyone is interested (and I guess if it's okay with Rene`, it's just the keywords/opcodes)

2 Replies Related Threads

René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Dimension sfz color opcode text editor 2005/11/10 17:09:00 (permalink)
    In my attempt to learn all the intricacies of Dimension I have started dissecting the sfz format from http://www.rgcaudio.com/sfzformat.htm. This is sfz format 1.0 - this is what Dimension uses? Or is there a better source for this info? I was looking at "DefaultEffects.sfz" and "DefaultRegion.sfz" have opcodes that are not found in the sfz description...

Dimension uses a newer version of the sfz format, version 2. We're hoping to find some time to document the new opcodes and to update the sfz site... some day.

A color-syntax text editor is exactly what I've used to craft all sfz files in Dimension Pro. I use Ultraedit32 instead (which has a handy couple of features), but any would do it.

-René
    Paradroid
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 454
    RE: Dimension sfz color opcode text editor 2005/11/13 20:35:49 (permalink)
    A color-syntax text editor is exactly what I've used to craft all sfz files in Dimension Pro. I use Ultraedit32 instead (which has a handy couple of features), but any would do it.

Wow! That's exactly what I've been using also. However, my wordfile is now pretty out of date and only contains definitions for sfz 1.0.

René, would you be so kind as to post or email your updated wordfile so I can get straight onto the fun stuff when Dim Pro arrives instead of going through the slow process of updating UltraEdit's definitions? It would be much appreciated and save me much time...

For anyone that doesn't know what UltraEdit32 does...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1