Dimenstion Pro with Pro Tools 8 for Windows XP

Author
jx10
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2009/11/03 01:30:39 (permalink)

Dimenstion Pro with Pro Tools 8 for Windows XP

Greetings everyone.  I'm new to these forums and I hope that by coming here, my concerns will be addressed before I have to try technical support.   I have tried everything I can think of to get Dimension Pro working in Pro-Tools 8.  It worked well for me under Pro-Tools 7.3.  Since then, I've had to put Pro-Tools and Dimension Pro on a new computer.  I've downloaded all the updates and even tried using FXpansions VST to RTAS adapter.  I've downloaded all their updates as well and it tells me "plug in failed to load".  When I tried the direct approach through the 1.2 update and cakewalks RTAS patch, I get a really weird error message with loads of numbers and such.  I did the direct approach before using FXpansions wrapper.

Is there going to be an update for Dimension Pro that makes it work with Pro-Tools 8?  Will I have to install Windows 7? which Pro-Tools isn't fully ready for yet, Or what do I need to do.  HEEEEELP.  

I look forward to all replies.

JX

2 Replies Related Threads

chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:Dimenstion Pro with Pro Tools 8 for Windows XP 2009/11/03 13:05:25 (permalink)
    Hi jx10,

You should contact Cakewalk Tech support. 

Telephone (Mon-Fri 9:30am-8pm EST, closed from 2-3 pm): Click here for information
    Email: http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Email.asp

They would be able to evaluate those error messages you are seeing in ProTools 8 and help you further. 
    chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:Dimenstion Pro with Pro Tools 8 for Windows XP 2009/11/04 14:07:13 (permalink)
    For any other ProTools users who might run into this issue.

-  Right click your ProTools icon and select "Run as Administrator"

Fixes this issue to allow Dimension Pro to run happily in PT8 on Vista.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1