DirectShow Error using Melodyne

Author
DRamey
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 60
2014/03/29 15:13:08 (permalink)

DirectShow Error using Melodyne

I'm using Melodyne on a guitar track in my project and it is working just fine. However when I try to do a Create Region Effect on any part of the vocal track, I get a DirectShow Error "This filter does not support the current audio format. It may require a different number of channels or a different sample rate". Upon closing the error message, the project will no longer play at all until I restart X3e.

AFAIK, they are both mono tracks recorded at the same sample rate. I thought it might be due to stereo effects, even though both have them, but shutting off the effects bin didnt help.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

1 Reply Related Threads

Michayl Asaph
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 84
    Re: DirectShow Error using Melodyne 2014/03/30 00:23:34 (permalink)
    have similar problem.... and others also with 5 db level increase after bounce to clips. no help from cakewalk either.... don't think they were able to recreate it..... that's ok, still a yahsome program! here's my workaround, it only takes place on MONO tracks, convert the track by right clicking and choose "convert to stereo" and the problem doesn't occur, if the track is mono and you are having that error, it's possible that the other ones that i'm having, you might have also, maybe not, but convert the mono files to stereo is what i had to do to use melodyne, vvocal, and bounce to clips without problems. i believe it is a directshow problem... maybe downloading show directshow update from Microsoft might fix it. i am using windows 7 ultimate 64bit, i do some video with adobe premiere pro, so i don't know what it is. hope this helps you.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1