Dirty Wurli and Soft Rhodes

Author
Nick1957
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2016/03/02 12:07:25 (permalink)

Dirty Wurli and Soft Rhodes

Hello all. Newbie here. I purchased Sonar Platinum two months ago. I use Command Center for all installs, with no path edits. So far I have installed everything included with my purchase except Melodyne, Rapture, Addictive Drums and D-Pro. When I open the "Showcase - Keys" template in Sonar I get a "missing plug-ins" alert which lists "Dirty Wurli" and "Soft Rhodes". Note that I HAVE installed Rapture Session, which includes "Session - Keys". I'm going to guess that those two instruments are no longer in the latest version of Rapture Session, and the Showcase - Keys template was created at a time when Rapture Session included those instruments. Can anyone tell me if I'm right?

4 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Dirty Wurli and Soft Rhodes 2016/03/02 12:23:02 (permalink)
    When I open "Showcase -Keys" it contains 10 instances of Cakewalk Sound Center (CSC) and 2 instances of SI-Electric Piano. Rapture Session will contain all CSC programs if CSC was installed but the template will not swap out the Rapture Session plug-in for CSC.
    Nick1957
    Re: Dirty Wurli and Soft Rhodes 2016/03/02 13:01:16 (permalink)
    Oh wait. I think I'm looking at this wrong. Those instruments are not missing. Actually, I think those are just track names, not the actual VI names. It's an FX plug-in called "TH2 SONAR" that's missing. Those just happen to be the two tracks which have that plug-in assigned as a FX. I guess I should have shared more detail about the error message. The missing plug-in list actually read:

TH2 SONAR (Track: 'Soft Rhodes')
    TH2 SONAR (Track: 'Dirty Wurli')

As I said, I have not installed Melodyne, Rapture, Addictive Drums and D-Pro yet. But I'd really be surprised if that plug-in is supplied by any of those.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Dirty Wurli and Soft Rhodes 2016/03/02 13:08:29 (permalink)
    In a Platinum installation the template should show TH2 Producer. The plug-in is part of the Boutique FX Suite. Is is possible you did not install the children under the Platinum line in the Command Center? Did you have an version of SONAR containing TH2 SONAR installed at some time?
    Nick1957
    Re: Dirty Wurli and Soft Rhodes 2016/03/02 13:25:45 (permalink)
    Thanks scook for your thought and time in replying. After my previous post I dug in and saw that I had TH2 Producer, which I assume is a step up from TH2 Sonar. I installed everything (including children) cleanly. All I had to do was delete TH2 Sonar from the FX pane for those tracks and drop TH2 Producer in its place. I think this is just a matter of Cakewalk rolling out Platinum with showcase templates that are outdated. No biggie really. Just something to throw a curve ball at a newbie and make him think he did something wrong. The error message definitely had some scary wording with warnings of "improper installation" and "permenant loss of effects" lol.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1