Do Cakewalk Project Files work in Sonar 2.2? Can't get a DX7 one working...

Author
loveandearth
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13
2006/10/05 09:17:53 (permalink)

Do Cakewalk Project Files work in Sonar 2.2? Can't get a DX7 one working...

I have a DX7 synth. Dave Benson 's DX7 page

http://www.maths.abdn.ac.uk/~bensondj/dx7/dx7patch.wrk

has a link (just provided - last line) to a Cakewalk Project File which allegedly contains thousands of patches for the DX7 (to make life easier - allows me to upload via Sonar into my DX7 different sound banks basically for lazy bones like me who don't want to mess with programming my own). Anyone used this before? I uploaded this file and then opened it in Sonar 2.2 but I don't see the patches listed anywhere. So I am wondering what I am doing wrong and also if maybe the Sonar 2.2 doesn't recognize a Cakewalk Project File - maybe they are from the older Cakewalk Pro Audio versions. Anyone know? Thanks in advance!

danny

2 Replies Related Threads

ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: Do Cakewalk Project Files work in Sonar 2.2? Can't get a DX7 one working... 2006/10/05 10:35:52 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: loveandearth

I have a DX7 synth. Dave Benson 's DX7 page

http://www.maths.abdn.ac.uk/~bensondj/dx7/dx7patch.wrk

has a link (just provided - last line) to a Cakewalk Project File which allegedly contains thousands of patches for the DX7 (to make life easier - allows me to upload via Sonar into my DX7 different sound banks basically for lazy bones like me who don't want to mess with programming my own). Anyone used this before? I uploaded this file and then opened it in Sonar 2.2 but I don't see the patches listed anywhere. So I am wondering what I am doing wrong and also if maybe the Sonar 2.2 doesn't recognize a Cakewalk Project File - maybe they are from the older Cakewalk Pro Audio versions. Anyone know? Thanks in advance!

danny

It's been a long time since I worked with sysx and that kind of stuff but I think that's normal you may not see it. Look in the help for system exclusive or sysx and see how it's done.
    Mike Fisher
    Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1374
    RE: Do Cakewalk Project Files work in Sonar 2.2? Can't get a DX7 one working... 2006/10/05 23:33:13 (permalink)
    Danny,

I posted a response to your other post on this topic. For those watching this thread, here is a repeat:

This *.wrk file most likely contains sysex data (*.syx) which can be loaded into a DX7 (hardware) unit or a soft synth like Native Instruments FM7 or FM8. These are data files which send patch/MIDI information to the DX7 / softsynth which results in patch changes and MIDI routing assignments.

Open the *.wrk file and choose the 'View->Sysx'. Read up on "sysx" in the help file or manual to see how to use these files with you DX7.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1