Helpful ReplyDoes Elton wear a wig?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
eph221
Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4665
2017/04/01 20:07:59 (permalink)

Does Elton wear a wig?

Did Elton John go to hair club for men?  Does he have to put on his hair everytime he goes out?  Liberace never got caught without his hair!

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
 Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

craigb
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/01 20:11:05 (permalink)
I think it might be a Tory.

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/01 20:16:38 (permalink)
Always looks perfectly natural to me....

....for the result of a ghastly experiment merging Austin Powers with Bilbo Baggins...

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
BobF
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/01 20:25:14 (permalink)
Does anybody care?  Elton is one of the top musical geniuses of our time.  I don't give a flip what he wears.

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

eph221
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/01 20:57:34 (permalink)
I was raised with the importance of how we APPEAR to others.  In fact in Pdx society how we APPEAR is more important than anything.  Thus I compare myself to Don Quixote.  It's incredible pressure when you have to APPEAR to others as something you're not.  I've always been a lousy actor. ( And, thus the teenage preoccupation with authenticity and fakeness.  )

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

BobF
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/01 21:11:33 (permalink)
eph221
I was raised with the importance of how we APPEAR to others.  In fact in Pdx society how we APPEAR is more important than anything.  Thus I compare myself to Don Quixote.  It's incredible pressure when you have to APPEAR to others as something you're not.  I've always been a lousy actor. ( And, thus the teenage preoccupation with authenticity and fakeness.  )

I think most of us can thank parents/adults in our lives for fZcking us up one way or another in our youth ;)

I'm obsessed with keeping sticky stuff off of my hands.  I'm also a pretend arachibutyrophobic, which is funny because I eat quite a bit of peanut butter.

Bob  --
--

kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 00:28:18 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SteveStrummerUK 2017/04/02 01:23:57
Honestly w no offense directed to the OP ,
I don't really understand what difference it would make one way or the other  ...
If Elton wears a wig , he's working with what he got ..it's part of his GIG ...he created his own unique place in Music ..
There is no other living human being on this planet that occupies or that can lay claim to his unique musical space ..
There will never anyone else that will or can fill his shoes , people may try and even pay homage ..
The simple fact of the matter is people expect Elton  to be flamboyant, that is also a big part of his GIG ...

on the other side of the coin

Can you picture a world where theater , music and cinema would be devoid of any visual and or creative assets that would enhance the intended message and story line of the creators vision and original intent ?
IMHO that would be pretty drab creative place ... people want to experience first hand larger than life ..
this is exactly what people consent to when they listen to music , read a book , go to a movie , a theater or a comedy club ... ect ect
In many cases folks want to experience a release from the bondage of self for some it cuts the isolation
for others it is a place to dream big .
Little Suzy sitting ot the piano banging out a 10 knuckled semi atonal piano performance of a classic can and will bring a smile and a tear to Little Suzy's mom and dad ...You can bet your last dollar that when Little Suzy's mom and dad go out to hear a real world class concert pianist in a concert hall that there is a large part of their mind and heart that willing consents and hope the day will come when  Little Suzy will pack that very same hall ..
It is the law of potential ...

FWIW , I can understand getting frustrated at living in a world where most people are putting on a front where they come off being something they are not Fake it till you make it will only bring you so far ....ya gots to put in the work Gomer
Most girls I dated were 2 inches shorter , their North didn't match their South and the darker it got the better they looked ..( this is after giving up booze ) as far as what they thought of me ...at least they were smart enough to leave me...
Same deal with the men out there ...they are out there competing for what ever it is they think is the brass ring
is ...money , property , prestige , status , fame , my exx girlfriends
Over time I have seen a lot of dudes flashing a horse choker wad of lettuce in public that mostly one and fives w a Bengie and a Grant or two for book ends .....
Even knew of a few of the "Players that would give the valet parking a ten for a tip "
Then when nobody was looking or following them they would drive on home in their fancy A$$ed bling bling car all the way back to their mothers apt ...where they lived ...
Scouts honor I've seen it plenty of times ...
What a freaking game life can be ...you Rock that wig Elton if your wearing one

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

eph221
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 00:33:07 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
I don't really understand what difference it would make one way or the other  ...
If Elton wears a wig , he's working with what he got ..it's part of his GIG ...he created his own unique place in Music ..
There is no other living human being on this planet that occupies or that can lay claim to his unique musical space ..
There will never anyone else that will or can fill his shoes , people may try and even pay homage ..
The simple fact of the matter is people expect Elton  to be flamboyant, that is also a big part of his GIG ...

Can you picture a world where theater , music and cinema would be devoid of any visual and or creative assets that would enhance the intended message and story line of the creators vision and original intent ?
IMHO that would be pretty drab creative place ... people want to experience first hand larger than life ..
this is exactly what people consent to when they listen to music , read a book , go to a movie , a theater or a comedy club ... ect ect
In many cases folks want to experience a release from the bondage of self for some it cuts the isolation
Little Suzy sitting ot the piano banging out a 10 knuckled semi atonal piano performance of a classic can and will bring a smile and a tear to Little Suzy's mom and dad ...You can bet your last dollar that when Little Suzy's mom and dad go out to hear a real world class concert pianist in a concert hall that there is a large part of their mind and heart that willing consents and hope the day will come when  Little Suzy will pack that very same hall ..

FWIW , I can understand getting frustrated at living in a world where most people are putting on a front where they come of being something they are not
Most girls I dated were 2 inches shorter , their North didn't match their South and the darker it got the better they looked ..( this is after giving up booze )
Same deal with the men out there ...they are out there competing for what ever it is they think is the brass ring
Over time I have seen a lot of dudes flashing a horse choker wad of lettuce in public that mostly one and fives w a Bengie and a Grant or two for book ends .....
Even knew of a few of the "Players that would give the valet parking a ten for a tip "
Then when nobody was looking or following them they would drive on home in their fancy A$$ed bling bling car all the way back to their mothers apt ...where they lived ...

Kenny

You've got to be kidding me.

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

Doc_Hollingsworth
Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2289
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 00:45:08 (permalink)
No... It's not a wig. It's a toupe. Now Jeff Beck.... That might very well be a wig.

Doc
MacBook Pro 15.4 Retina (mid 2015)
Focusrite Clarett 8PreX & OctoPre
Logic Pro X 10.2.4/Reason 9.2/Pro Tools 12.7
Long haired dachshund - requisite studio dog (no short hairs need apply - read the sign)

kennywtelejazz
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 00:51:39 (permalink)
eph221
kennywtelejazz

FWIW , I can understand getting frustrated at living in a world where most people are putting on a front where they come of being something they are not
Most girls I dated were 2 inches shorter , their North didn't match their South and the darker it got the better they looked ..( this is after giving up booze )

Kenny

You've got to be kidding me.

Nope , I'm not kidding you .
If you have something against me being in one of your threads , Maybe you should hire a bouncer and charge admission

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

eph221
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 03:46:57 (permalink)
It wasn't a rhetorical question by any means.  I don't c how it could be construed as such.

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 04:15:21 (permalink)
Mr. Reginald Dwight obviously has Liberace envy.

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
kennywtelejazz
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 14:51:19 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SteveStrummerUK 2017/04/02 15:22:06
eph221
It wasn't a rhetorical question by any means.  I don't c how it could be construed as such.

I don't do passive aggressive Dave , so why don't you stop playing your little C*nty A$$ed effing games and just get to the point ..
You pretended to be all hip and smart yet you are so outclassed in both area's when it comes to sparring w me ..
Even a 3 year child old knows that it's not what 's on top a mans head that is important , it is whats inside a mans head that is important ...
I don't know what your problem is Dudette but I do hope you seek and find help soon .

Kenny
post edited by kennywtelejazz - 2017/04/02 15:18:27

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 15:22:20 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby kennywtelejazz 2017/04/02 15:27:23
kennywtelejazz
eph221

I don't do passive aggressive Dave , so why don't you stop playing your little C*nty A$$ed effing games and just get to the point ..
You pretended to be all hip and smart yet you are so outclassed in both area's when it comes to sparring w me ..
Even a 3 year child old knows that it's not what 's on top a mans head that is important , it is whats inside a mans head that is important ...
I don't know what your problem is Dudette but I do hope you seek and find help soon .

Kenny

Well said Ken.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

SteveStrummerUK
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 15:36:03 (permalink)

"The guy obviously craves attention without ever posting anything remotely interesting enough to get it"

~ Strummy (2017)

eph221
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 15:46:38 (permalink)
You neanderthals do indeed do passive aggressive.  In fact you do everything you say you don't!  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.  virtually all of your insecurities are laid out in your little stories you tell.  Why are you so insecure?  BTW when someone starts off a trope with *honestly* you can be sure the rest is a complete lie.
post edited by eph221 - 2017/04/02 16:25:49

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

jamesg1213
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 16:03:02 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SteveStrummerUK 2017/04/02 16:27:56
Is that a rhetorical question?

^
(That is)

Jyemz

BobF
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 16:27:52 (permalink)
eph221
You neanderthals do indeed do passive aggressive.  In fact you do everything you say you don't!  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.  virtually all of your insecurities are laid out in your little stories you tell.  Why are you so insecure?  BTW when someone starts off a trope with *honestly* you can be sure the rest is a complete lie.

^^^ Classic Projection

Note that I said that outright with zero passiveness.  I don't find it particularly aggressive either.

Bob  --
--

SteveStrummerUK
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 16:28:17 (permalink)
jamesg1213
Is that a rhetorical question?

^
(That is)

kennywtelejazz
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 18:45:17 (permalink)

The Neanderthal Crew

admittedly not my best work since I don't have Photoshop but hey

Don't mess with The Neanderthal Crew  ,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 20:30:11 (permalink)
The thing that has always baffled me is that with all his money you would think that he could afford a semi-convincing one.
SteveStrummerUK
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 20:46:20 (permalink)

... and talking of syrups

bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 22:47:32 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz

The Neanderthal Crew

Kenny

Where's Mooch, Bee-Piss-Ter, craigb (ITHRN) and Jonbuoy? 
eph221
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/02 23:33:33 (permalink)

I'm not trying to ingratiate myself to the forum monkeys, however this is eggplant bacon!

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

Slugbaby
Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4172
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/03 12:29:09 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SteveStrummerUK 2017/04/03 19:03:39
paulo
The thing that has always baffled me is that with all his money you would think that he could afford a semi-convincing one.

From what I've read and seen, Elton is probably wearing ridiculous wigs like some others wear ridiculous hats.
He's got enough money to find someone with good hair and pay to SCALP them if he wanted to.  He's probably making a joke about men balding and going to insane efforts to hide it.

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
eph221
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/03 17:55:24 (permalink)
Slugbaby
paulo

From what I've read and seen, Elton is probably wearing ridiculous wigs like some others wear ridiculous hats.
He's got enough money to find someone with good hair and pay to SCALP them if he wanted to.  He's probably making a joke about men balding and going to insane efforts to hide it.

This makes the most sense.  I think in the 70's his thing was funky glasses.  He has fun with the whole game, i'M SURE.

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

kennywtelejazz
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/06 08:34:58 (permalink)
bapu
kennywtelejazz

The Neanderthal Crew

Kenny

Where's Mooch, Bee-Piss-Ter, craigb (ITHRN) and Jonbuoy? 

What about this ? at least we got Jonbuoy in there

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

jamesg1213
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/06 10:16:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby kennywtelejazz 2017/04/06 23:08:15
I wanna be in there too....

Jyemz

kennywtelejazz
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/06 22:44:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jamesg1213 2017/04/07 06:11:20
jamesg1213
I wanna be in there too....

Hey James , we can get you in there once we make a little room for you in the picture

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

jamesg1213
Re: Does Elton wear a wig? 2017/04/07 06:12:07 (permalink)
I'm struggling with that load...

Jyemz

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1