Don't Stop Believin

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
mgh
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8594
Re:Don't Stop Believin 2011/08/12 05:38:50 (permalink)
i knew this was gonna be awesome, cos everything you do is totally professional...and it is! you're just a super-talented guy, to be able to sing OR play guitar as you do would be great but you do both! Dang! Fantastic stuff, the only thing i would like is more of your original stuff!

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
guitartrek
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2842
Re:Don't Stop Believin 2011/08/12 08:31:00 (permalink)
stillnotbanned - Thank you!

Steve - thanks for your positive feedback and thoughts about the lo-fi thing.  It was an experiment - I'm not crazy about it.  A friend of mine thinks I should turn it off completely, and I might try that.  Introducing it at the guitar solo is interesting.  I am using the free Izotope Vinyl for this.  Actually I had the scratched vinyl effect turned up before, but I got tired of it so I shut if off.
I like your ideas of shortening it the lo-fi.  I'm going to try some things. 

mgh - thanks a lot.  I really like your stuff.
opensky
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 481
Re:Don't Stop Believin 2011/08/12 10:02:01 (permalink)
guitartrek

stillnotbanned - Thank you!

Steve - thanks for your positive feedback and thoughts about the lo-fi thing.  It was an experiment - I'm not crazy about it.  A friend of mine thinks I should turn it off completely, and I might try that.  Introducing it at the guitar solo is interesting.  I am using the free Izotope Vinyl for this.  Actually I had the scratched vinyl effect turned up before, but I got tired of it so I shut if off.
I like your ideas of shortening it the lo-fi.  I'm going to try some things. 

mgh - thanks a lot.  I really like your stuff.

Another idea would be to do the lo-fi until the vox come in.   It would kind of
shift the spotlight to the vox. 

Steve

Steve
www.soundclick.com/opensky
www.soundclick.com/open

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy...I was made for another world." CS Lewis
guitartrek
Re:Don't Stop Believin 2011/08/12 13:29:26 (permalink)
Steve - Thanks for the ideas.  I was thinking about the same thing.  Maybe starting with lo-fi, heavy reverb and phase shift , and then gradually reducing those effects until the Vox comes in, so the "past" to the "present" thing is just in the intro.  Or maybe extend that idea through the first verse only.  I'd like to bring back the heavy phase shift in the couple of bars right before the band kicks in as I'm currently doing. 
guitartrek
Re:Don't Stop Believin 2011/08/12 13:32:51 (permalink)
mgh

i knew this was gonna be awesome, cos everything you do is totally professional...and it is! you're just a super-talented guy, to be able to sing OR play guitar as you do would be great but you do both! Dang! Fantastic stuff, the only thing i would like is more of your original stuff!

mgh - Thank you.  I kind of put my original stuff on hold for a while to work on my voice.  It's easier to take existing songs and work on them vocally.  But I'm itching to get back into writing. 
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1