"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock)

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Guitarhacker
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/01/30 12:58:35 (permalink)
It's got that "in your face huge... what cha gonna do bout it" sound. 

Nice ... I love the sound you manage to get. 

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
Bob Oister
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2766
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/01/30 18:21:58 (permalink)
james1213:

Hi, James,

Thank you, Sir, I really appreciate the listen and your kind words, especially the Deep Purple reference!  After thinking about it, you're probably right, that little riff might have fit right in on the "Machine Head" or maybe the "Stormbringer" album. 

Thanks again, James, for your input and helpful support, greatly appreciated, my friend!
Bob
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bapu:

Hey, Ed,

Thanks, buddy, I appreciate the listen and the encouraging comments!  Also, thanks for posting the NAMM photos with you, Phil and Old55 down in the coffee house, very nice.

Have a good one, Ed!

Bob
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ohgrant:

Hi, Grant,

Thanks, buddy, I really appreciate you giving this a listen, and your comments!  I'm very grateful for your input and support, and also happy that you liked it.

Have a good one, Grant!
Bob
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chasmcg:

Hi, Charlie,

Thank you very much for checking this one out for me, and for your very kind words!  I really appreciate your input and observations.

By the way, you did another dynamite job on your latest video, really nice work!  My first video that I did back before the holidays is almost ready to go.  I ended up doing some re-mixing on the song audio, and then decided to wait until my CD is ready to go, in a few weeks to actually post the video.

Thanks again for the videos you posted last summer for inspiring me to give it a try.

Have a good one, Charlie!
Bob
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Oister
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/01/31 18:18:53 (permalink)
thalweg:

Hey, how are you?  It's really great to see you back around on the forum!

Thanks for checking out this song for me, and for your very encouraging words!  I really appreciate the listen and I value your comments and observations.

Have a great night, my friend!
Bob
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thatsastrat:

Hey, Bruce,

Thanks, buddy, I really appreciate you giving this a listen, and also your kind comments and input!

Very much appreciated, Bruce, have a great night!
Bob
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

timidi:

Hey, Tim,

How are you, buddy?  Doing great, I hope!

Thanks for checking in on this one for me, and for your very kind words, and great suggestion for the final chorus!  I had originally thought about trying some overlapping layered harmonies there but couldn't get them to fit.  Your suggestion sparked another idea that I might try this upcoming weekend.

Thanks again, Tim, I always look forward to your input and observations, have a great night!
Bob
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SteveStrummerUK:

Hey, Steve,

How's one of me best mates from "across the pond"?  Doing fantastic, I hope!

Thanks for giving this one a listen for me, and also for your kind words of encouragement!  I always appreciate your input and comments, because I know we're both both 80's metal heads and big Judas Priest fans.

Thanks again, Steve, for all your help and support since I've been on the forum, it means a lot to me.  Rock on, brother!
Bob
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auto5starz
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 45
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/01/31 19:56:19 (permalink)
WOW !!!!!!!!!
5 Min. later & I'm still mesmerized!!
 Like Lynn said, "Radio ready"
Killer Jam!!!  ROCK ON!
Auto5starz
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 45
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/01/31 20:05:17 (permalink)
WOW !!
5 Min. later & I'm still mesmerized.

Like Lynn said, "Radio Ready !"

Killer Jam !   Rock on ! 
Bob Oister
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/02/01 17:19:07 (permalink)
Guitarpima:

Hey, Robert,

How's it goin', buddy?  Hope you're having a great week!

Thanks for checking in on this song for me, and for your kind comments and good suggestions!

When I get back to the mix on this over this weekend, I'll definitely try raising the spoken part during the bridge.  I'm assuming that you meant the first bridge because my wife said the same thing.  I think the bridge with the telephone effect after the solo is okay volume-wise, right?

Thanks again for your input, Robert, have a good one!
Bob
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mgh:

Hi, Mark,

How are you, my friend?  Hope you're doing very well!

Thank you for giving this a listen, and for your kind words!  I actually do have a few ballads in the works, and some partially completed older ballads in the cobwebs of my hard drive.    Hopefully, I'll get one ready to post as soon as I get my CD finished later this month.

Thanks again for all of your great input and support over the past here on the forum, I greatly appreciate it, and always look forward to your posts.  Have a great week, Mark!
Bob
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kennywtelejazz:

Hey, Kenny,

It's really great to see you back around on the forum, many of us missed your dynamite playing!

Thanks for giving this new song a listen for me, and also for your kind words of encouragement..  I greatly appreciate it, my friend.

Nice job on your recent acoustic video post, good stuff, man, have a good one! 
Bob
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scottytunes:

Hi, Scotty,

You're very welcome, buddy, no problem at all!  And, thank you for all of the great input, advice and encouragement that you've helped me out with over the past couple of years, it means a great deal to me.

Have a good one, my friend!

Bob
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Oister
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/02/02 18:13:28 (permalink)
DuRod:

Hey, Duane,

Thanks so much for checking this one out for me, and for your very kind words!  Greatly appreciated, my friend, and it's really good to see you back on the forum. 

Have a good one, Duane!
Bob
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tap:

Hi, James, how are you, buddy?  Doing great, I hope!

Thanks for giving this a listen, and for your wonderful words of encouragement, I always look forward to and greatly appreciate your input and comments.

Have a good one, James!
Bob
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

darylcrowley:

Hey, Daryl,

Thank you, Sir, your very encouraging comments really mean a lot to me!  Especially because the production quality of your last four or five songs was absolutely amazing.

Thanks again for all of your input, observations and support, Daryl, I'm very grateful for your friendship.

Have a great night!
Bob
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

geeare1:

Hey, Gary,

Sincere thanks, buddy, I really appreciate you giving this a listen, and your encouraging review!

I've really been working hard trying to improve my drum tracks,because not really being a drummer, that's always my weakest link.  I think I'm finally getting some better drum results with my last few songs, so I'm very happy for your drum comment.

Thanks again, for your input and support, my friend!
Bob
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLEAN
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2842
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/02/02 21:06:29 (permalink)
Hi Bob. What a freakin' sound you have on this - this is just one fantastic tune.

How'd you get Ozzie to sing on this?

;-D

Very cool Bob.

THE PUGTONES
Mark
radio
  • Total Posts : 2782
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/02/03 10:41:25 (permalink)

Hey Bob this one really has a cool vibe to it , your guitar playing keeps getting better and better !
Want to do alittle guitar playing on my newest song I have been working on , the sound I have going would be right up your alley if your up to it and you have alittle bit of time like maybe a verse or two .
If your interested shoot me a private mail with e-mail and I'll send you what I have to checkout , then you can decide if your interested in it .

Great song , everything about this song sounded great to me .

Cheers !
Radio

Bob Oister
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/02/04 17:14:34 (permalink)
paulo:

Hi, Paul,

Thank you very much for the listen, and also your comments and observations!  I'm definitely going to give the bridge vox a little push, as per your suggestion.  I greatly appreciate and value your input and opinion, my friend.

Have a great weekend!
Bob
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freddy J:

Hey, Freddy,

How are you?  Doing well, I hope!

Thanks for the listen and your very kind glowing review!  Your input really means a lot to me, and I've very happy that you liked it.

Have a wonderful weekend, Freddy!
Bob

bandontherun19:

Hey, Robby,

Thanks, buddy, for the listen and for your kind comments and observations!  I'm very grateful that you liked it.

I always appreciate your input and support.  Have a good one!
Bob
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ChuckC:

Hi, Chuck,

How's it going, buddy?  Having a rockin' weekend, I hope!

Thanks for checking this one out for me, and for your kind comments, observations and good suggestion.

I'm going to try your idea for the ending when I get my studio back up and running again over the weekend.  I've got it torn apart this past week for stage four of my acoustical treatment and some minor equipment upgrades.  I'm hoping to be able to get back to this song in the next few days.

Thanks again, Chuck, have a good one!

Bob
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Janet
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8094
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/02/04 21:45:26 (permalink)
Another great one, Bob.  Wow!  I enjoyed reading about how you get that great drum sound.  I've kept it for future reference.  Great song all around!  
evadianepug
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4477
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/02/06 11:47:14 (permalink)
Aaaaargh, lost my whole post.  I'll capsulize.  Great tune, bass and drums gave an awesome bottom.  Leads and everything else very powerful.  Great job!

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
THE PUGTONES
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
SonarX3
lhansen
Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4765
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/02/06 11:51:30 (permalink)
Amazing song in all aspects Bob!! If I had one,small nit, it would be the intro being a bit long as already mentioned. Everything else is soo darn tasty. Your guitar and vox are always killer, but the bass and drums on this shine as well man! Great use of vocal fx and I just love how it's all mixed!

Slow Marching Band

Win 7 x64, Sonar X1E x64, Studio One v2, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro, Genelec 8030a, True Systems P-Solo, Focusrite ISA One, FMR RNP, GAP-73. 

"Someone to watch over me".
philz
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2462
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/02/08 17:23:19 (permalink)
Sounded great to me Bob, but at this point I'm a fan, so maybe a bit biased.  It still kicked... great job.
Bob Oister
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/02/09 04:41:32 (permalink)
Guitarhacker:

Hi, Herb,

Thanks a lot, buddy, for checking this out, and for your encouraging comments!  I really appreciate it because I think you're definitely one of the best songwriters and producers on the forum. 

Many thanks for all your good input and support over the past couple of years, I greatly appreciate it.

Have a good one, Herb!
Bob
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auto5starz:

Hey,

Thank you very much for giving this a listen, and also for your very kind words!  I truly appreciate you taking time to listen and comment, and I'm very happy that you enjoyed the song.

Your input is much appreciated, my new friend, have a great night! 
Bob
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clean:

Hey, Mark,

How's it going, buddy?  Hope you're doing great!

Thanks for checking in on this one for me and for your kind words of encouragement!  Flying Ozzy in with the jet copter was easy, but keeping him full of bat heads and beer almost made me go broke! 

Thanks again, Mark, I really appreciate your input and observations, and your support means a great deal to me.  Have a good one, my friend!
Bob
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

radio:

Hi, James,

How's it going?  I hope your recent apartment move went successfully and that you're settled in and doing well!

Thank you for checking in on this song for me, and for your very kind words, I greatly appreciate your input and support!

I've been super busy between my day job, tearing my studio apart for some upgrades and more acoustical treatment, and also still trying to finish up my CD, so I'm glad it worked out for you with Scotty for your song.  Scotty is a dynamite guitar player, I know he's worked with you before, and he always knows how to really bring a song to life, so I know he'll do a fantastic job for you! 
Thanks again, James, I really appreciate your input and friendship, have a good one, buddy!
Bob
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Oister
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/02/11 18:35:29 (permalink)
Janet:

Hi, Janet,

Thanks so much for checking this song out for me, and for your very kind words!  That's great, I hope it comes in handy for you someday if you ever need a "punchy" drum mix for one of your wonderful songs.

Thanks again for all of your input and support, I greatly appreciate it, Janet.   Have a good weekend!
Bob
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

evadianepug:

Hey, Warren,

I'm very happy to see that you're recuperating well and making some great new music!

Thank you for giving this a listen, and for your input and observations, and very encouraging comments.  I really appreciate your time and friendship.

Excellent job on your new "Backseat Boogie" post, you and Mark really hit that one out of the park, my friend! 

Have a great weekend, Warren.
Bob
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Oister
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/02/12 18:29:14 (permalink)
lhansen:

Hi, Larry,

How are you, buddy?  Hope you're having a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by on this one, and for your very kind words.  Input and encouragement from you and James, as well as your fantastic SMB music, has been a great inspiration to help improve my mixing skills over the past couple of years,  Your newest song is a top notch production, as always. 

I'm very thankful for all of your input, advice and support, and greatly appreciate it.  Have a good one, Larry!
Bob

philz:

Hey, Phil,

How are you, my friend?  Hope that you're all settled in and doing well in Vegas!

Sincere thanks for checking in on this one for me, and for your very kind words.  I really appreciate you giving this a listen and I'm very grateful for your input and support.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Phil!
Bob
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BenMMusTech
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2606
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/02/12 19:04:40 (permalink)
Well I wasn't expecting that, sounds a bit Sabbath, so thats cool.

The intro went on a bit long for my likeing but thats a subjective thing.  Another thing is I would turn up the spoken word part, just so I can hear it better.

The mix is excellent so good job.

Peace Ben

Benjamin Phillips-Bachelor of Creative Technology (Sound and Audio Production), (Hons) Sonic Arts, MMusTech (Master of Music Technology), M.Phil (Fine Art)
http://1331.space/
https://thedigitalartist.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/aaudiomystiks
mcourter
Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3442
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/02/12 21:01:02 (permalink)
Bob, you've been really productive lately. I see I've missed a couple of tunes you've done in recent months. As usual, I lust after your guitar tones. I listened to Don't Think Twice, Made of Glass, and Cemetery Wind. You're doing some terrific work. I imagine your cd must be ready soon, and I look forward to it. Solid songwriting, great guitar work, tasty lead phrasing, bass and drums work well together, good mixes. What more do you want?

A few guitars, a couple of basses, a MIDI controller, a mandolin, a banjo, a mic, PodFarm2
Unbridled Enthusiasm
 My music: www.Soundclick.com/markcourter
Bob Oister
Re:"Don't Think Twice" (Power Rock) 2012/02/13 18:23:57 (permalink)
BenMMusTech:

Hey, Ben,

How are you, my friend?  Doing great, I hope!

Thanks very much for checking in on this one for me, and for your very kind words.  I really appreciate you taking the time to give it a listen, and your encouraging comments!

By the way you did a fantastic job on your recent cover of "Eleanor Rigby", it was a very cool, modern sounding take on the Beatles Classic, and you really did it justice.  Very nice work!

Thanks again, and have a good one!
Bob

mcourter:

Hey, Mark,

How's it going, brother?  Hope all is well on the West Coast!

Thanks so much for checking out this song and a few of the others that you missed!  I really appreciate your input and I'm very thankful for the glowing review, it truly means a lot to me.

I'm hoping to get the CD finished over the next week or two.  I'm just doing a few minor touchups on the final mixes and also working on the cover art and almost finished touching up the first video for the CD.

Big thanks to you and many of our generous fellow forumites for all of the great input, advice and suggestions over the past couple years.  The help and knowledge from this forum was instrumental, and a great learning experience that really made the journey worthwhile and informative.

Thanks again, Mark, it's always great to hear from one of my buddies from the old Line 6 forum days!    I greatly appreciate your friendship and support.  Have a good one!
Bob

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1