[Download] 72 U-FOs for Rapture

Author
b rock
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8717
2006/04/26 19:54:04 (permalink)

[Download] 72 U-FOs for Rapture

Here's a pile of user-defined LFOs for you, folks. I was going to sort through mine, organize them, and put neat little labels on them. Then I thought, "For what?". Rapture's got that GUI 'widget' for the LFOs that clearly reflects what you have loaded. And any descriptive file naming needs to be equated to the actual naming convention required by Rapture.

I thought about sticking that in an .sfz (commented out) for easy access, but any desciption that I give is just going to narrow down the possible uses. Besides, I didn't feel like getting them organized. These aren't the ones I've had hanging around; I created all 72 in one sitting to put up something fresh. There's a readme file included with the loading instructions, and I'll be happy to troubleshoot any problems.

Just extract them to the LFO Waveform subfolder and start jamming. These are crazy LFOs: I'd suggest starting out at a Depth of 1200 cents (if appropriate) and a Frequency less than 1 Hz.; just until you get an idea of what's in there. Don't limit yourself to Pitch LFOs, either. Enough of the chit-chat:
Exclusively at Project5.com.

6 Replies Related Threads

lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: [Download] 72 U-FOs for Rapture 2006/04/26 20:28:37 (permalink)
    Thank's Mr B. I snagged em, since you went to all the trouble, did the heavy lifting. I will be sure to give these a go ;)+)
    Brandon Ryan [Roland]
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3458
    RE: [Download] 72 U-FOs for Rapture 2006/04/26 20:48:45 (permalink)
    Sweet! Thanks B!

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." WG

SONAR Platinum | VS-700 | A-800 PRO | PCAL i7 with SSD running Windows 8 x64 | Samsung 27" LCD @ 1920x1080 | Blue Sky monitors with BMC | All kinds of other stuff
    awilki01
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 817
    RE: [Download] 72 U-FOs for Rapture 2006/04/27 00:48:35 (permalink)
    Perhaps I missed a post, but how are you creating them?
    b rock
    RE: [Download] 72 U-FOs for Rapture 2006/04/27 06:49:49 (permalink)
    You didn't miss anything, Adam. I end up chasing off most people with the explanations on how to do something; they want presets. So I just put up the end results with the barest of info on how to get these UD-LFOs loaded. You can create them in any audio editor (Audacity, for a free example), but I built these in Sound Forge.

I made a couple of Region templates to help speed up the process for certain types of LFOs, but it's mostly the result of winging it with audio editing tools. Depending on what you're after, you might use DX/VST FX, the Pencil tool, common audio Processes, simple waveform synthesis, or mixing & crossfading among several .wavs. Most often, it's all of the above.
    AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: [Download] 72 U-FOs for Rapture 2006/04/27 10:38:18 (permalink)
    They look like fun. Thanks,

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    b rock
    RE: [Download] 72 U-FOs for Rapture 2006/04/28 15:33:10 (permalink)
    take a listen to this riff created with your new UD set
    Oh, boy. You picked a real crazy one, Chad. Now we've gone and scared everyone off. Listen, folks: all of the UD-LFOs in this package aren't that wild. There's many that ... oh, who am I kidding? They're insane.

Actually, some have found a home in filter sections, others seem to want to be StepGens when they grow up. Copy/paste some of the U-FOs between a resonant filter and a pitch modulator, and you've got one-stop sample & hold, with many variations. The first one in line [#27] is very similar to what I used in the How-To: NIN Piano in Rapture tutorial. Some are more useful in low Frequency / long Sync settings. With others, that matters little.

Amplitude? Sure, especially in conjunction with another modulator's LFO. Panning? Take some Airborne first, but if you use these to contrast with other U-FOs in other Elements, you won't know where a sound is coming from at a given moment. Click the left/right mouse buttons at the same time to 'reset' to waveform #0, and use you mouse scroll wheel to jet through the choices.

Shift+click on the waveform itself to shift the starting Phase, and use Frequency (instead of Sync) to start from that point with a Note On. Don't forget the One-Shot mode, folks: these were made for that option. Customizable to your liking all the way, thanks to Rapture's design team.

Thanks for checking them out, Chad, and for that *sicko* sound example. Hmm ... I've got quite of few of those myself.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1