Drum Core - Latency

Author
bobr
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 709
2008/11/07 12:29:37 (permalink)

Drum Core - Latency

Hi,

I recently installed DrumCore 2.5. I have not tried it rewired with SONAR yet, but just running it stand alone it works great for listening to the grooves and all of that.

But when I want to play the kits from my external midi controller there is quite a latency. What seems strange to me is that when I am using EZ Drummer in SONAR, the latency is not a problem at all. In fact I have been able to get down to 1.5ms latency in SONAR while triggering EZ Drummer with my TrapKat flawlessly.

This system build is XP Pro 32-bit, SP3 and my midi interface is a MOTU micro lite. My audio interface is the MOTU 838mk3. Again I'm baffled because my midi latency in SONAR using EZ Drummer is fantastic but if I just launch DrumCore and play the kits from the TrapKat the latency is really bad.

I will try it rewired in SONAR to see if that makes a difference but I would think the latency outside of SONAR should be fine since it's using the same midi interface in both scenarios.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bob

2 Replies Related Threads

bobr
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 709
    RE: Drum Core - Latency 2008/11/10 10:34:44 (permalink)
    Well, I did get DrumCore setup in SONAR with Rewire and it works just fine. Also the latency is not an issue. Not sure why there is such latency when triggering DrumCore in stand alone mode outside of SONAR but rewired into SONAR is fine.

FYI

Gareth
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 645
    RE: Drum Core - Latency 2008/11/11 04:47:18 (permalink)
    Nothing much to suggest but glad that you're finding it OK within Sonar. Drumcore support are extremely responsive so why not try them? I think its a great drum programme and I have no latency problems using my Behringer UMX49 controller.

Gareth

Check out: htpp://www.cognac-countryhouse.com

Acer(Vista), Sempron 3600 2Ghz, 3go RAM, 250Go HD, Tascam122L. Fender 'Rhinestone' Strat, Cort electro acoustic, Seagull 12string, Eko semi acoustic, Peavey bass , Behringer UMX controller
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1