Drum Map and midi file export...

Author
Wiz
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 699
2008/08/13 05:58:17 (permalink)

Drum Map and midi file export...

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows how to do this....

I am using Sonar Producer 7 and I collaborate with a person who uses Digital Performer.

We both use Toontracks EZD and Superior 2.

I have a drum map, which I have used to reassing some midi notes to other sounds, eg, snare was on note 38, its now on 68 (to get a different snare sound out of S2.)

I have used the increase velocity on certain notes , eg, added +30 to the hi hat velocity, within the drum map...

This is all fabulous and flexible, and fantastically easy to use......until...8)...

I want to save the midifile/drum map, combination as a new midi file, and have all the changes I have made to velocity and note mapping, within the drum map, reflected in the resultant midi file...

This way, when I send it to my collaborative partner, he can just load the "drum mapped" midi file, import the Preset for Superior 2 and hear exactly what I am seeing...

I just cant figure out, essentially, how to "record" the midi output out of the drum map....which I am sure would work fine...

any help greatly appreciated...

thanks in advance

Wiz

Wiz's Album "Forty Years" done with Sonar 7!

http://www.ozlandmusic.com/ozlandstudios/Preview_music.html

Wiz On Itunes

3 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Drum Map and midi file export... 2008/08/13 07:31:20 (permalink)
    when your saving it out , is it as a drum map? maybe switching it to the other (none drum map output) will save it out , if you haven't tried that already. It should be just treated as normal midi then?

as for transposing, I guess it would be easier if you both had the same kits mapped at the same notes, you could go the route of writing down what notes are what number or if the notes are finalized save out the sounds on separate midi parts.

are all the parts ONE clip also? I'm not sure how it would deal with multiple parts on say a midi export.
    post edited by Fog - 2008/08/13 07:32:15
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Drum Map and midi file export... 2008/08/13 07:38:10 (permalink)
    I just cant figure out, essentially, how to "record" the midi output out of the drum map....which I am sure would work fine...
    Here's one more reason to have virtual MIDI ports in your tool kit.

1). Download & install a virtual MIDI cable. [Maple Virtual MIDI Cable; LoopBe1; MIDI Yoke, etc.).
    2). Insert two MIDI tracks in Sonar. Set the output of MIDI Track 1 to your customized drum map.
    3). In the Drum Map Manager, change the Out Port(s) to that of the virtual MIDI cable [Ex. - Maple MIDI Port 1 - Ch. 10]
    4). In MIDI Track 2, set the input to the virtual MIDI cable [Ex. - Maple MIDI Port 1 - Ch. 10]. ARm for recording.

Any clip or live input on MIDI Track 1 will be converted through the Drum Map, then recorded onto MIDI Track 2.
    Wiz
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 699
    RE: Drum Map and midi file export... 2008/08/13 21:11:21 (permalink)
    thank you b rock

maple virtual midi cable did the trick...

thanks again

Wiz

Wiz's Album "Forty Years" done with Sonar 7!

http://www.ozlandmusic.com/ozlandstudios/Preview_music.html

Wiz On Itunes
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1