Drum patches on DXi synth

Author
Jack Ludden
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 122
2005/09/15 20:54:51 (permalink)

Drum patches on DXi synth

im trying to learn how to use dxi synths to make midi drums but am having some trouble playing back the patches i want to hear. the manual helped me get to where i am now, but says nothign of the problem im having. i have an audio track with sound card mini track 10 for IN, and cakewalk TTS1 for OUT, and the Ch. is on the TTS1 channel 10. i have a midi track cakewalk TTS1 for IN, and sound card monitor output for OUT. now, if i change the output on the midi track to a drum map, i can write in a drum map for any of the large number of midi drum kit presets available. when i try to play that back as is, i hear nothing. however, if i leave that drum map as is and change the output of the midi track back to the TTS1, i can hear drums - except they are always the same drums no matter what drum kit i'd made the map one. i believe it's always GM set or something like that. what do i have to do to just make some midi drum loops with different kits? that GM one doesnt really fit my style of music.

3 Replies Related Threads

LoopJunkie
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2466
    RE: Drum patches on DXi synth 2005/09/16 02:02:33 (permalink)
    that GM one doesnt really fit my style of music.

Then you must change your style so it fits GM patches ...

There's no need to use the TTS-1, try out other soft synths or dedicated drum plugins. On kvr-audio.com you can do a search.
    If you want to spend some money: check out Battery or DR008.

loop

Jack Ludden
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 122
    RE: Drum patches on DXi synth 2005/09/16 09:45:38 (permalink)
    ah I see. anyone recommend a good free one that may have some nice patches for a folk/rock kind of style?

beltrom
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 306
    RE: Drum patches on DXi synth 2005/09/16 10:44:49 (permalink)
    If you have set the track to ch 10, has the bank on "15360 Preset Rhythm" you should be able to change between several sonically radically different drumsets using the patch control (Standard, room, power, analog, orchestral) and play them with your keys. It works for me at least.
    Really, it should be enough to just set the channel to 10 and change the patch on the GUI and play.

Anyway, alternatives:

Over at http://odosynths.panicnow.net/ Odo has a couple of freebie drumsynths that's very good, one of them samplebased.

DR-008's kid brother DR-005 is free.

If you're satisfied with cheap but not free, check out nusoft's DK+. Excellent
    http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/

If the above fails, Computer Music magazine has a couple of drumsynth on the DVD - those might be to your liking.
    post edited by beltrom - 2005/09/16 10:55:41
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1