Drums

Author
Bill Gas
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16
2005/08/25 15:21:00 (permalink)

Drums

I have the Cakewalk Music Creator Pro s/w. I use the Drum Maps that came with the s/w. Is this different than "Session Drummer" that others have discussed on this forum? Also has anybody tried to use Fruity Loops with Music Creator Pro? Do you have to create the drums in Fruity Loops frist and them import in a s a wav file? Or are they integrated? I haven't purchased Fruity Loops yet and I'm looking for some better drum sounds. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bill Gas

6 Replies Related Threads

millerbill
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1085
    RE: Drums 2005/08/26 00:49:43 (permalink)
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Drums 2005/08/26 18:10:05 (permalink)
    Bill, the session drummer is a program built in that allows you to use the drum styles in it's folder to make midi drum tracks by piecing together midi type drum loops. Try my session drummer tutorial and it will be clear. as to the drum maps, i think those are premade drum styles that can be imported into a midi track and used to make basic tracks, they might be in a format that can be used in session drummer as well, but I have not tried yet.
    57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: Drums 2005/08/26 21:43:28 (permalink)
    Wow, Robo. Not intending it as a put down, but I thought you knew it all. Your advice has helped me many times when you answered somebody else's problem and I thought, hmm... that sounds like a good thing to try. The drum maps are a way to write completely original drum tracks, not using loops. It's accessed in the piano roll view, and you enter each hit of each drum one at a time with the mouse. Tedious, but rewarding. Greg
    Robomusic
    RE: Drums 2005/08/27 03:08:40 (permalink)
    Nah Greg, I do not know it all by a long shot, I was off by a mile on the drum map issue, i thought it was something else, then i never built drum tracks one note at a time i use either session drummer, or the program called PC Drummer, or download a rework midi drums from the internet. I also use audio loops at times. but the piano roll, i do not have the patience for that. I guess I thought that drum maps were premade sections that could be imported and reworked, I was confusing them with drum trax styles.

Part of the problem is that i have the old MC 2003, and have not upgraded recently, as i do far more work these days in the Program Multitrack studios, MTS does a better job for me and uses VST and VSTi aswell as DX plugs and instruemtns, without a wrapper.

I hope to upgrade soon to Sonar Homestudio, it do like cakes approach to groove clips and also time stretching for tempo change, and pitch change, of loops.
    URIELSUITE
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 89
    RE: Drums 2005/08/27 14:22:30 (permalink)
    Oh now Robo you know the MC2003 has served you well.It sure has for me and yes I plan to upgrade soon also but,2003 should not be knocked.I can`t help it we`ve been together too long.Anyway I don`t use the session drummer at all.I did in the beginning but just could not get it to do what I need it to.I went to tapping out drums on my keys and it is quick and the results are what I want.And I`m not at all a drummer but I know what I want out of a drummer.So anyway well there you have it.Just give 2003 a little love,Amen

PoL
    Robomusic
    RE: Drums 2005/08/29 22:21:13 (permalink)
    Oh US it still love MC, but i must admit I do not use it as much as I did, MTS just rocks I am sure that once i upgrade to SHS where i can use my VSTis i will do far more cake projects, My biggest issue is that i do a ton of sound font work and the built in sampler in MTS does that flawlessly.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1