EFFECTS ORDER FOR GTP3

Author
ACE STOKES 2.0
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 141
2010/09/17 14:45:25 (permalink)

EFFECTS ORDER FOR GTP3

What I want to do is place a VST noise gate before the guitar input then a pedal sim-(I've been messing with D Sounds lately)-then record that! I need to know step by step-I was thinking one of the Aux buses?? Or a single track channel??? I'm used to a "loop" and from guitar to PC input seems to be a one way street!!

5 Replies Related Threads

ACE STOKES 2.0
    RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re:EFFECTS ORDER FOR GTP3 2010/09/22 13:03:28 (permalink)
    Glad you liked that, Ace. Hope it was helpful.
    In answer to your original question, you are correct in that the signal path is linear.
    Effects are applied top to bottom in the FX bin, which I believe is where you want to do what you are asking.
    The sends are parallel paths, which have their place, but I'm not sure that's really what you are after here.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    ACE STOKES 2.0
    Re:EFFECTS ORDER FOR GTP3 2010/09/24 11:56:46 (permalink)
    Hey Rob! It was very helpful!! I took your template (lesson) and substituted a vst noise gate where you had reverb. It works-but this LP is just too powerful!! I re wired it so many times-I even went as far as trying a different pick up. For the first time in 25 years I tried something other than a Dimarzio SD. But the SD is back!! I just want a quiet signal.  An outboard pedal might be in my future!!
                         I re discovered the Simulanalog guitar suite. I passed on them after I saw the plan interface 3 years ago. But I messed with it again-it sounds AWESOME!! Low cpu usage which has always been an issue for me too!! Now I see they've made real looking skins!! WOW!!! (real)LP+Marshall(sim)+ Tube Screamer(sim)=Butta!! Sweet creamy LOUD or quiet butta!! And no noise gate needed in the chain!! Now quit readin' this and go play!!
    Thanks again Rob!! I'd rather do it your way on a PC than dealing with patch chords and such like the "old days" !!
    RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re:EFFECTS ORDER FOR GTP3 2010/09/25 00:56:18 (permalink)
    ACE STOKES 2.0

Now quit readin' this and go play!!
    Consider it done. I'm giving my trusty '78 Ibanez LP a rest at the moment.
    Been playing my Epiphone Genesis Custom (bought it new in '80) lately.
    You have to be in the right frame of mind with it, but it's great for clean tones.
    Long neck, low action, heavier than the LP, sustain for days.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphone_Genesis
    I hope to have a song posted soon featuring it in action.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    ACE STOKES 2.0
    Re:EFFECTS ORDER FOR GTP3 2010/10/08 13:14:53 (permalink)

Consider it done. I'm giving my trusty '78 Ibanez LP a rest at the moment.
    Been playing my Epiphone Genesis Custom (bought it new in '80) lately.
    You have to be in the right frame of mind with it, but it's great for clean tones.
    Long neck, low action, heavier than the LP, sustain for days.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphone_Genesis
    I hope to have a song posted soon featuring it in action.
    Cool!! Heavier than the Paul??? Ouch!!! I'm still usin' and abusin' my LP Custom 20th Anns. (the one in my offline pic!) It is the lone workhorse in my stable!! Upping a  gauge this weekend from .009's-.046's to .010's-.052's-so I have a bit of nut filing to do!! *stop giggling-get your mind out of the gutter* Watching for the mail man with my package from Sweetwater!!
                             That's a sweet Epi!! Reminds me of a green Yamaha a buddy in college played!!

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1