EMU ProteusX/EmulatorX to Rapture/Dim Pro format conversion software?

Author
inmazevo
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3276
2006/11/06 17:54:00 (permalink)

EMU ProteusX/EmulatorX to Rapture/Dim Pro format conversion software?

A little side note background:
Last week I was rummaging around the local Guitar Shop, thinking about buying a couple of sample libraries for either my Proteus X LE or old standard EXSP24.

While I was there, I asked about the copy of Proteus X2 that was sitting on the shelf, and the salesman said it was $99. Since it was the price of 1 or 2 cheap sample libraries, and already liked the LE version to some degree (particularly the drum sets), I grabbed it.

The real question:
After installing it (and figuring out that it was actually a dongled app, unfortunately), I've been fairly impressed with the purchase, particularly at that price point.

I noticed that it has a sample conversion utility, which I haven't really played with, that will convert my EXS24 programs to Proteus X2 programs. I'll definitely give this a try, since I'm rather tired of the occasional (feels frequent) "please insert your EXSP24 disk to reauthorize" think that comes with the EXSP24. This would give me the programs from my EXSP24, and free me from one of my synths (that's only used at this point to access some of the sounds I've grown to love)... assuming the conversion is fairly seemless.

However, it would be even better if I could convert to Dimension Pro or Rapture, and don't particularly mind if there are some extra steps necessary, or if I have to get a conversion utility.

So...
Does anyone know of such a utility?

Just curious. The Proteus X2 is fine as is... I'd just prefer to use one or two plugins, rather than three or four, and Dim Pro and Rapture and becoming my "go to" synths.

Thanks,
- zevo

2 Replies Related Threads

Frank@ProSounds
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 199
    RE: EMU ProteusX/EmulatorX to Rapture/Dim Pro format conversion software? 2006/11/06 18:38:04 (permalink)
    Get Extreme Sample Converter version 3. They just added Proteus X and Emulator X conversions...and it will export those formats to SFZ if you'd like.
    inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    RE: EMU ProteusX/EmulatorX to Rapture/Dim Pro format conversion software? 2006/11/07 13:05:43 (permalink)
    Thanks Frank... that looks like the ticket.
    It's cheap too, which is of course always nice.

Just to show how completely baked (not that kind of baked) I am, I'm actually considering getting Wusikstation because I saw that Wusik users get ESC for half price (35 Euro), and there's a Wusik group buy going on for a couple more months, so hopefully I'll get both for around the same price.

Not logical, I admit, since I started this thread talking about how I'd like to have fewer synths, but it's so cheap... so I'm doing it anyway.

Take care,
    - zevo
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1